Model 110 - Cherry Scales

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by TerryM, Jan 7, 2006.

1. TerryM

TerryM

Dec 1, 2005
    I've ordered this model and it was to be a user. The scales are glued I suspect as there are no rivets. I like using my knives but I'm wondering if I'm making a mistake with this model? Can anyone tell me if this knife should hold up to normal use like the riveted models or would I be wiser to regulate it to the drawer and buy the typical low end model?

Terry

2. DarrylS

DarrylS

Mar 6, 2005
    :D Didn't hold up too well Terry...I slammed mine, which was not riveted, only 26 times with a 16 pound sledge and sure enough...the scale chipped:eek: :eek: ...LOL...Jus' kidding Terry:D . Glued or glued and riveted, those knives are built to take it. Recall reading a thread somewhere that said that the rivets almost could be considered decorative because the "glue" used is so strong. I use virtually all my knives...some I "use up" and some I use sparingly. I'd hate to be a knife and not cut somethin'...:thumbup:

3. Doug Selsor

Doug Selsor

Mar 5, 2001
    Terry,

You'd be amazed how much glue gets used in airplane construction. I wouldn't be too worried about the knife.

Doug

4. 110 Dave

110 Dave Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2004
    there is another threas on this someware but;;;;
    i was told that they watched a demo off the glue and had a chance to distructive test it on a knife and HE was most impressed and voted use it...
    but know that there is a release agent that will alow it to slide right off !!!:eek: