1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Mosaic d guard bowie wip ALL DONE

Discussion in 'Hammer & Tongs' started by keithf, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Idlewild

Idlewild

Jan 11, 2004
    Thanks for the fab WIP....terrific results, awesome knife!

2. MRuthJr

MRuthJr

Jan 5, 2010
    That's one BEAUTIFUL beast Keith!! Great WIP from a killer shop too! Thanks for the step by step and a look into your process mate :)

3. keithf

keithf KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    Thank you very much everyone. Glad you enjoyed the ride! Thinking about another one now to bring with me to Atlanta next year.
    Cheers Keith

4. Kevin Jones

Kevin Jones Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Good looking and well executed 'D' Guard Bowie. :thumbup::thumbup:

5. keithf

keithf KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    Hey Mike, Thanks. I'm pleased that you included the mate, very ocker. ( Look that up )
    Cheers Keith

6. keithf

May 29, 2006
    I'm very pleased that you liked it Mr Jones. Thanks very much.
    Cheers Keith

7. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    turned out nicely mate! How's it going down under? I hope that you are keeping safe with all the burning going on :(

8. keithf

May 29, 2006
    Thanks Lorien.
    Well to be quite frank, we are pretty much surrounded with fire grounds. Thankfully the weather has decided to give the fire fighters a little break. We are hoping that it will continue. Having said that tomorrow does not bode well as the predictions are for the return of the winds gusting to 90 klm. We have been through this before and are as prepared as you can be. Anyone who has been through this can tell you its a nervous wait and see game and scary as all get out when it comes. Still we are much better off than a lot of others who have lost everything. Thanks again.
    Cheers Keith

9. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    we're pretty surrounded by forest, and if we ever get droughted in a bad way, we'll be in a world of trouble.
    All the best to you and yours my friend. Sure hope it's all good.
    Maybe you can take some of that knife-making mojo you got and make a blade that chops fire!

10. Don Hanson III

Don Hanson III KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 3, 2002
    Great work, Keith!

11. D.Franco

D.Franco Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Really good!! thanks for share!!
    Best regards,
    Franco.

12. Perrin

Perrin

May 12, 2013
    Very cool thread. I have a question though... When you sand, do you always secure the sandpaper and move the blade against it?

13. Manuel Quiroga G.

Manuel Quiroga G.

Nov 14, 2006
    That is one beautiful Bowie Keith!!
    Well done!

It looks like we must post the WIPs threads in this sub-forum now, mine was moved here too.

14. keithf

May 29, 2006
    Hi Perrin, Glad you liked it mate. Yes I always use this method now, I find it much quicker.
    Cheers Keith

15. keithf

May 29, 2006
    Hi Manuel, thanks mate. Yes it seems that way, would have been nice to be told.
    Cheers Keith

16. Chris Larrikin

Chris Larrikin

Jul 19, 2012
    Amazing knife. Will we be seeing this one at the Adelaide show in a couple of weeks?

17. keithf

May 29, 2006
    Hi Chris, I'll give it a showing in Adelaide, then its off to its new home. See you there.
    Cheers Keith

18. Bill Burke

Bill Burke

Aug 1, 2008
    Keith,

That is one fine looking D-gaurd Mate. Good video too.