MWKK Oopsie....

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Daniel Koster, Apr 4, 2004.

1. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    I thought it passed the "prying-the-lid-off-the paint-bucket" event with flying colors." Beat the hell out of that WalMart screwdriver. Didn't do too well in the hubcap removal trials. Wait 'till next year... :rolleyes:

2. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    OK my turn to 'spill the beans'...I believe I was the last one to use her. :rolleyes:
    after Nasty went inside, I accidentally placed it on Toms table so I could pull up my drawers. Bad thing was it was mostly puddled mineral oil by now. I meant to show Shawn that a quick pickup and flick will cut that rope like butter, but turned out to be more like a thrower with that slippery handle.
    Nasty, sorry 'bout the hole in yer latex paintcan... :D :D

3. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    I saw that after you all left...it was my favorite can too! Oh well...at least the purple is a good shade for that side of the garage floor. It didn't stick too well on top of the 8 or so gallons of mineral oil on the floor though...I wish Tom were more careful with the stuff...even though it was nice of him to let us oil our knives in it. And our tools. And out power equipment. And our cars. And my cats. Okay, the cats didn't like it, but they won't rust and don't squeak so much any more.

4. Daniel Koster

Daniel Koster www.kosterknives.com Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 18, 2001
    Holy Crap....:eek:

no more one-eyed salutes for me....:barf: :barf:

Reminds me of the time my cat ate an entire can of lard (don't ask)....raced right through him....and his whole rear end turned yellow....poor lil' cat....stooooopid is more like it...:eek:....no need to polish the hardwood floors anymore...wherever the cat sat....well, let's just say he kept the place well oiled for a week....:eek: :barf: :footinmou

5. demon tessu

demon tessu

Mar 26, 2004
    the other night i heard a mouse squeak so I oiled him problem solved

6. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    No No No demon tessu...got it all wrong! ;)

Just like the good ol' reliable Cesna aviation engines,
    Lead is the best lube to keep things running smooth & quiet.
    So whenever you hear a mouse a squeekin',
    just bring out the Lead to help quiet 'em up a bit... :D :D :D

7. demon tessu

demon tessu

Mar 26, 2004
    yeah , yeah found out the hard way that 230 grains of lead is a over dose for the mouse, the floorboards, plaster, brickwork, ect

8. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Ah . . . say, did anyone find that missing partial bottle of mineral oil. I'd hate to think it went - leaking - into those boxes we were packing up. :D

9. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Naa, we saw this long wooden stick that was hollowed out on yer table and poured the rest in...
    figured it was some kinda fancy oil container... :D :D

10. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    :eek: :D :eek:

11. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    What Dan said!!!

12. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!

13. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    :D :D :D :D

14. Semper Fi

Semper Fi

Feb 23, 2002
    Tom, if ya had any rust problems before, ya don't now. :D

15. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    The parable of MacHete and the oilcloth. No blade went away dry...:D:D:D

Keith

16. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    I don't think Tom's problem was rust.....though I do remember hearing him mutter something about "senior moments".....:eek:

:D

:p

17. Thomas Linton

Thomas Linton

Jun 16, 2003
    Was I holding 34" of razor-sharp katana in my hands at the time? (Where DID he put his head?) :D

18. Ferrous Wheel

Ferrous Wheel

May 16, 2002
    heehee.. my Parents call that "Sometimers" the silly cousin of Alsheimers.

Keith

19. Bri in Chi

Bri in Chi

May 28, 2003
    Bruise,
    These guys are understating the awesome sharpness of this blade. I used it for my first hanging rope testing ever, and it was like nothing, I've ever seen. The rope just popped apart effortlessly. You're going to be a happy guy when this baby arrives. I hope it makes you reevaluate your avatar.

20. Daniel Koster

Oct 18, 2001
    anybody get a movie of it "in action"...?