1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

My Downsizing Give Away

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by bladeblabber, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Here's a photo of his knives for easier viewing, I added numbers for those, just pick the nearest number to each knife

Here are the knives listed from top row right to left, only two knives remain;
    1. GEC Harvester Red Bone,
    2. Sabre small stockman,
    3. Victorinox alox bantam,
    4. super tinker,
    5. recruit,

6. ambassador,
    7. pioneer,
    8. heavily used kamp-king scout knife.

Bottom row of knives are now ALL spoken for.
    9. Case half congress red synth,
    10. medium cv stockman,
    11. peach bone peanut,
    12. black synthetic muskrat,
    13. red bone CV mini rat,
    14. trapper SS,
    15. red bone Eisenhower,
    16. 31sab case swell end jack CV,
    17. large sodbuster,
    18. medium toothpick,
    19. sodbuster jr,
    20. case lockback P10511/2LSSP.

Updated listing, those spoken for show Gone in red next to the number

G2

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
  2. WindCarver

WindCarver Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 21, 2014
    What an incredibly selfless and generous offer, the Spirit is really moving through you!
    I don't need any of your fine knives, just wanted to acknowledge the gesture.

-Bob

3. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2011
    Thank you Gary for the improved photo!

So far knives numbered 1,7,10,12,15 and 16 have found new homes.

Gary W. Graley likes this.
  4. Pjm357

Pjm357

Mar 24, 2012
    I would love the Case Peach bone peanut! And I work for St. Vincent DePaul at their distribution center and would love to give them my donation! We have a great mission at St. Vinnys!

chuck4570 likes this.
  5. timjmayerjax

timjmayerjax

Jan 12, 2020
    Gary i would live 17 if still available..my donation would go to the homeless in jax

6. Gary W. Graley

Gary W. Graley “Imagination is more important than knowledge" Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 2, 1999
    Hey Tim, it is not my giveaway, just helped out with the image for him, but that one looks available so you probably can get dibs on it.
    G2

7. timjmayerjax

timjmayerjax

Jan 12, 2020
    my apologies...and thank you to bladeblabber for the generosity ..id ove 17 still if available and thanks Gary for the correction and image help..always love looking at your knives...

8. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo

Mar 1, 2018
    Hi, I would love to have #19 if still available. I will make a donation to a worthy cause. Thanks for your generosity!

9. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
  10. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    Great giveaway! Thanks OP!

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  11. afishhunter

afishhunter

Oct 21, 2014
    Very generous of you. Bless you.
    I'm not in. All I've done recently to help the staff is break down a few Amazon shipping boxes. (not to me) Nothing worthy of a reward, at any rate.

GABaus and bladeblabber like this.
  12. Retired UPS Driver

Retired UPS Driver Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2019
    That is very generous, may it come back to you tenfold. If the yellow #14 Case is still available it would replace my 15th birthday present my departed uncle gave me that I somehow misplaced and to this day it is still missing.

I remember a blind couple who lived on my route and received quite a few regular packages. We became good friends through my deliveries to them. It got to be that I would just knock on their door and they would shout to come in. I would place the packages on the kitchen table and carefully cut each one open for them. As I unpacked each one I would tell them what it was and they would tell me where to place it in their home. After all was put away and the boxes broken down and put in the recycling bin, I would drink a cold glass of water that they always offered to me. I was more than happy to help them out and felt privileged they trusted me and accepted my assistance. I always told them when I would be on vacation and because the substitute drivers would not do this, they just didn’t order until I returned.

Thank you again for your most generous offerings.

13. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2011
    The trapper is yours! Please PM me your mailing address and I’ll get it out tomorrow

14. Retired UPS Driver

Retired UPS Driver Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Your inbox is full at the moment, can i give you my email on your profile? I’ll delete it once I receive your email, which I’ll respond with my mailing address.

15. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Always Embellish Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    Most excellent gesture. Can’t take them with us! ;)

The Lord can really turn souls around and instill joy in your heart!
    Welcome to the family brother.
    Keep your eyes on Him. :)

16. Will Power

Will Power

Jan 18, 2007
    Inspired GAW I hope others will use it accordingly. Not in thanks as I've got a few knives myself, ;)altruism is an often neglected virtue but it's the highest of human behaviours, whatever your culture or beliefs.

Regards, Will

17. bigsurbob

bigsurbob

Jun 10, 2016
    What a kind thing to do. I gave my Toothpick much like #18 to an old friend as a going away present 10 years ago. If yours is still available I'd take it. I'm blown away by your generosity. Thank you for being the light! bigsurbob AT gmail

Retired UPS Driver and chuck4570 like this.
  18. chuck4570

chuck4570 Basic Member Basic Member

Aug 21, 2010
    With your approval, I would like to gift the Case Half Congress forward to a young gentleman that volunteers at a local food bank that I’m at, he is always borrowing a knife to open packages, I have given him a few utility knives but he is always leaving them at home because they are to big to keep in his pocket all the time. I think he would be super happy with it. I’ve been blessed from the people on the porch here with knives for my grandkids but this I would pass along to a deserving young person.

This summer while out fishing with a friend, we came upon a boater that ran through some mooring line and tangled up his prop, no knife with him and was have difficulty removing it by hand. I handed him my Case sodbuster jr. to do the job, told him he should always have a knife with him and I told him to keep it, he was very thankful.

19. Gary W. Graley

Mar 2, 1999
    I have updated the photo to include the last two requests, I'll not be able to update during the day but there are only a few left so that may not be so hard to determine what remains.

Bladeblabber, a lot of folks will be knocking on your PM door for sure, good luck and again, nice giveaway.
    G2

you can copy this list and edit it as the give away continues

Here are the knives listed from top row right to left:
    1. GEC Harvester Red Bone,

2. Sabre small stockman,
    3. Victorinox alox bantam,
    4. super tinker,
    5. recruit,
    6. ambassador,
    7. pioneer,

8. heavily used kamp-king scout knife.

Bottom row right to left:
    9. Case half congress red synth,

10. medium cv stockman,
    11. peach bone peanut,
    12. black synthetic muskrat,
    13. red bone CV mini rat,
    14. trapper SS,

15. red bone Eisenhower,
    16. 31sab case swell end jack CV,
    17. large sodbuster,
    18. medium toothpick,
    19. sodbuster jr,
    20. case lockback P10511/2LSSP.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
    bigsurbob, chuck4570, 315 and 2 others like this.
  20. mike Berkovitch

mike Berkovitch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    This is kind and so inspiring GAW. As for start I will donate to group which support people with cancer.
    Then I use my knife each time someone needs knife for food prep or cutting something.
    If possible I would like to have #20, case lockback
    Thanks, Mike