1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

My Downsizing Give Away

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by bladeblabber, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Retired UPS Driver

Retired UPS Driver Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Guess what showed up today in the mail? My photos do not do justice to the beauty and brilliance of this Case 3254 SS. It absolutely glows and looks as if it's being touched and opened for the very first time. I am truly touched by your kindness. I’ll be splitting my end of the deal between 2 charities that are dear to myself, details will follow shortly. Thank you again, and may He guide you through eternity.

C4A27AF7-CFD8-431E-AA5E-9BF3C862D048.jpeg 73665350-B586-4DD3-BAF0-C2C156BDF7C1.jpeg

meako, Jolipapa, Will Power and 6 others like this.
  2. timjmayerjax

timjmayerjax

Jan 12, 2020
    I wanted to update my part of this giveaway and story. Today I received one of Carter's knives from his giveaway. Besides being generous, I am shocked about how quick he shipped this to me. I was lucky enough to be given a Case Sodbuster. I have been looking at one for awhile as I wanted a honest working knife. To see one on the giveaway and reading about why Carter was downsizing was lIke a sign to me. I loved the whole idea and I am thankful to be apart of it. I cannot thank Carter enough. I decided to give the money I would have a spent on buying a new one to the homeless in my area. ( Carter kindly shipped it at his expense, so I am going to include shipping in my donation plus some extra also) My plan is to give the money to my local "neighbors" over the weekend . There is homeless group home close to where i live. Life can be tough when down on your luck and I am hoping that while this isn't a true charity , that this will fit the bill because charity begins at home and is from the heart. Sometimes a decent bite to eat and kind gesture helps when things are rough, and hope this helps pass Carter's kind gesture forward. I like having a knife with a story and one that comes from a kind act. Because of this the knife will be a nice reminder and a keeper.

Thank you Carter for the knife, and thank you for doing this.

3. johnnywizzo

johnnywizzo

Mar 1, 2018
    The postman just left my Sodbuster Junior in the mailbox a few minutes ago. I didn't know that it was going to be in mint condition! Thank you Carter, and I will be making a donation to a local community outreach center. Your generous gesture is spreading a lot of love!

4. Retired UPS Driver

Jun 25, 2019
    Here are some better pictures I was able to take now that it’s morning and the sun came out. Both blades are so shiny and reflective that the branches of the tree are reflecting off both blades, almost giving them a damascus appearance. This is such a gorgeous knife, I am honored to be it’s guardian. Thank you again for your most generous act.
    E98BCFF0-38E9-48E7-9293-85246F64AC9F.jpeg EEFAF7BC-0A8C-4A27-ADDC-9120748A6557.jpeg 310DC209-EB89-4B56-80C9-0558C82968BF.jpeg 843C700B-10DC-480D-ABD1-6D0016D29174.jpeg A1AABEAB-5427-467B-8BBF-76DF74C8E876.jpeg

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  5. Retired UPS Driver

Jun 25, 2019
    [QUOTE="bladeblabber, post: 19539438, member”

1. I encourage you to give whatever you feel is fair to a charity of your choice in return for whatever knives you would like. No need to post how much you give or to where.

QUOTE]

Here is a short story about part of my end of the deal, I’m sorry, but I can’t name names or locations.

I looked up online the approximate value of the knife on the secondary market and doubled its
    value, (worth at least that much to me). I then called a very dear friend of mine and explained to her what I had in mind and asked if both her and her brothers could help me out in paying it forward, of course she answered yes.

2 young pigs were purchased, butchered, prepared and cooked into Lechon (very early this morning) at approximately 35 kilos each, along with 25 kilos of rice, with fresh Pineapples, Mangos, and Bananas.

Once cooked they were all delivered to the local Catholic orphanage for children aged 5-12 years old. Served for today’s (Sunday) lunch and again for dinner tonight, every single child there was able to eat as much as they wanted during both meals (very rare event). This was the first time since Christmas that the 100+ children there were able to go to sleep with completely full stomachs.

How generous that Case Trapper SS has turned out to be, and look how many lives it has already touched in less than a 7 day week of time. That definitely shows the power of His guiding hand at work and how He truly does look out for us in the most mysterious of ways.

21E28A33-470F-40C4-94B3-A7279877BC7B.jpeg B0399823-6EA0-43DC-80E2-45C7F92E9901.jpeg

6. timjmayerjax

timjmayerjax

Jan 12, 2020
    That is a heartwarming story ..where do your live may I ask? What a wonderful meal...yum

chuck4570 likes this.
  7. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2011
    I’m glad everybody is enjoying the knives! The last few including the two international shipments will be sent out this upcoming Wednesday. I’m very happy this give away was able to bring glory to our Lord and help some people along the way. Thank you everybody for being a part of this give away, it has really showed me the power of fellowship and love. This is an excellent community we have here. Blessings to my brothers and sisters in Christ. He truly is the only way.

8. urbantrapper

urbantrapper

Dec 13, 2018
    Just found out I had an unopened package that was mixed into some other papers! I have recieved and opened my knife, its very nice and I enjoyed the nice letter as well. Thanks again on this cool giveaway!

9. bigsurbob

bigsurbob

Jun 10, 2016
    Grabbed the mail on the way to work today. THANKS Bladeblabber! What an inspiration!

[​IMG]
    Taken from Hurricane Point looking south to Point Sur
    [​IMG]
    Case Texas Toothpick at work: Big Sur River Inn.

My newest and one of my most prized knives. Everything about it is tip top. It lives in my front left. Thank you once again!
    [​IMG]

10. t.willy

t.willy Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Wow what an amazing idea good for you bladeblabber. Congratulations to all the the people who received a knife and a great opportunity to do a good deed. ✌

11. bigsurbob

bigsurbob

Jun 10, 2016
  12. bladeblabber

bladeblabber Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 15, 2011
    @bigsurbob, I’m glad that one will get used well! That pattern is one of my favorites and that specific knife always served me well.

bigsurbob likes this.
  13. bigsurbob

bigsurbob

Jun 10, 2016
    So I'm on YouTube, checking out an 8 year old review on this Case Texas Toothpick here. I'm reading the comments... way down on the list is:[​IMG]

chuck4570 likes this.
  14. mushka

mushka

Jun 27, 2018
    Thank you bladeblabber for the small knife. I gifted the small stockman to a boy that just turned 13. It's a good knife for a boy that age. I also sent a check to St. Jude's research hospital for kids with cancer. Kids don't deserve that, and the hospital is a full care hospital and charges nothing for care.

15. mike Berkovitch

mike Berkovitch Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 15, 2007
    Just got the knife Carter had kindly sent me. I also have just donated a sum equal to 100$ to an association which takes care of welfare of kids with cancer.
    Thank you for a GAW that remind me the importance of giving to the ones who need. God bless
    LB.jpg

Last edited: Feb 23, 2020
    Retired UPS Driver and Jolipapa like this.
  16. Edm1

Edm1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    I am late in updating all here. Been out of town for work. I recieved both knives. I had never held a SAK that was only one layer. This thing is awesome and has been in my pocket constantly. As to the super tinker, last year at scout camp there was a new scout 11 yo who had a super tinker. He somehow lost it and actually I was pretty heartbroken. He is from China, was adopted from an orphanage 3 years ago and moved here. His parents gave him the SAK before camp. One of the nicest best scouts we have. Anyways. I'm gonna make sure that he "finds" this one at camp this summer.

Thank you again for a wonderful giveaway. I will find someway to pass on the goodwill from the Bantam...but I'm keeping the knife. I absolutely love it.

Retired UPS Driver likes this.
  17. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Bladeblabber, its a Wonderfull feeling isn't it to find the peace and give away most your stuff?

I sincerely congratulate you on getting there. I'm happy you found it at a younger age than it took me. Since arriving in Georgetown Texas my wife and I went the route you have and our lives are richer now than when we had many possessions. God Bless you!

Carl.

18. jmarston

jmarston

Dec 6, 2010
    My stockman just came. Thank you so very much for the generous gift!! Glad you found Jesus!

bladeblabber likes this.