1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

My first new benchmade in over 10 years!

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Fordbronco1995, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Fordbronco1995

Fordbronco1995

Sep 10, 2019
    Hello everyone, this took me by surprise and now im diving in. I had a benchmade griptilian that i got for my birthday when i was about 15-16. I believe It was mossy oak cammo on the scales and the blade was serrated and black, had it for a few years and somehow lost it. Fast forward about 12-13 years and ive had a few cheap knives, but haven't really carried one everyday, just recently i bought a boker urban trapper through my work, its decent but i remember my old benchmade, the axis lock and all of its simplicity. So i started looking, didnt really want the griptilian and some of the other knives dont appeal to me, i stumbled across the mini crooked river and fell in love, got it in the mail today, i love it. Ended up geting it for just under $180 brand new in the box. I love the look and the orange doesnt bother me. Glad i got one with a lighter wood. I decided this will be my weekend knife and i have a triage ordered for my edc work knife. I already ordered a deep carry clip from benchmade

And If you cant tell by the clip position im a southpaw lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    That's a good looking knife! Post pics and an impression of the triage when get it.

3. Fordbronco1995

Fordbronco1995

Sep 10, 2019
    Will do, now if i can quit looking at other knives lol, i already have my eye on a infidel

4. teddyashe

teddyashe Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Microtech OTFs are a better deal than the Benchmade infidel. Better steel, better ergos. So much more variety

Ulf Krogstad likes this.
  5. Fordbronco1995

Fordbronco1995

Sep 10, 2019
    Yeah but for the price of this infidel new in box i cant pass it up! I just hope its legit, it looks to be in photos, paid a little over $250 for it, supposed to be here tomorrow, i need to quit while im ahead lol too many knives out there

6. bost1918

bost1918 Basic Member Basic Member

May 10, 2019
    I recently got the bigger Crooked River, and I love it. So beautiful. I am looking forward to seeing what your deep carry clip looks like.

7. Sonnydaze

Sonnydaze Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 6, 2009
    If you love it, I'm happy for you...

Alsharif likes this.
  8. K.O.D.

K.O.D. The Everlasting Know-it-all Platinum Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I'd say it's time to look at other brands. The knife world is huge. Here's my folder collection:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Mikel_24

Mikel_24

Sep 19, 2007
    I bought the bigger brother here in the Exchange and I must say I am verrrrrrrrrrry pleased. Big heavy knife, but I love it.

Congratulations on your new purchase!

Fordbronco1995 likes this.
  10. Rykjeklut

Rykjeklut Basic Member Basic Member

May 23, 2018
    Yeah the Crooked River is a great knife. Both big and small. They even offer it in the custom shop, if youre prepared to go down that route.

bost1918 likes this.