Review My Impressions Of The Sebenza 31

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by BTGuy, Aug 15, 2020.

1. BTGuy

BTGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2016
    @TRfromMT I'm glad my review was useful to you. Totally agree on the lookup feeling more secure on the 21 than on the 31. Although, I've had no further issue with the 31 other than the "wiggle" when pressing on the back of the blade with it open. Very much a non-concern for me at this point since the 31 has been performing admirably.

@jascolli I took my initial pictures to gauge the lock wear, among other things, and have not seen much progress on wear from the ceramic ball. I'll be following up with an update and more pictures after some months of use, but I think I'm safe in saying there's not much worry about the lock interface wearing out anytime soon.
    Glad you enjoyed my review.

Jsega51 and jascolli like this.
  2. wrtaz

wrtaz Basic Member Basic Member

May 15, 2011
    Thanks for providing these details and giving your impressions BTGuy! I'm about ready to purchase my first CRK so trying to get educated on some differences. Would you mind confirming which inlays are on your 31 since I understand there's some natural variations in wood. I'm trying to compare pictures since some are more appealing to me than others, although they may be the same wood! Thanks again.

BTGuy likes this.
  3. BTGuy

BTGuy Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 5, 2016
    @wrtaz Glad you found my review helpful! My 31 has Macassar Ebony wood inlays. When I looked at as many pictures of them as I could find before buying, the majority seemed to have a mostly dark colour to them (unlike the Chris Reeve stock image which shows quite the variety in colour/shade). If you're wanting a dark colour inlay, maybe take a look at the Bog Oak. That would've been my first choice except I prefer the smoother overall look of the grain on the Ebony.

Hope you get one you enjoy looking at and using! :)

4. wrtaz

wrtaz Basic Member Basic Member

May 15, 2011
    Thanks for the additional details and that does make sense! I actually found a local dealer that has a few in stock, surprisingly, that I'm going to look at in person. Theres a possibility I go canvas micarta, we'll see! Thanks Again!