My New Favorite Paramilitary 2

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by usaedcgear, May 7, 2020.

1. usaedcgear

usaedcgear

Feb 12, 2016
    Wow I'm really glad I was able to snag one of these, the handles are fantastic. You are so locked in with this PM2 it's unreal. The s45vn seems interesting as well, big brown bear on youtube has good video about it. Thanks for the amazing Sprints Spyderco keep it up!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2020
  2. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    I got one of those coming too. The textured handles is what sold me on this knife!

3. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    I also just received one a few moments ago. While I like the pattern on the g10, the edge of the handle is killing my hand. Why a chamfered handle edge cannot co-exist with the diamond arc pattern? I hope I can warm up with it or otherwise I'll have to move the knife.

sliceofaloha likes this.
  4. usaedcgear

usaedcgear

Feb 12, 2016
    I don't know I cut a bunch of card board up for fun and it felt great.. I do work with my hands and play guitar so maybe it doesn't effect me as much as you.

91bravo likes this.
  5. metaxasm

metaxasm Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 14, 2002
    I was just thinking the same thing! Added a Lynch clip and it’s ready to go.

6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    I really like the look of this run - lollygagged too long after I got the text about them. Looking forward to seeing more reports on these - mostly curious how the steel performs.

91bravo likes this.
  7. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    I found one this afternoon for only $15-20 more than initial release price so I ordered one. Curious about the steel and handle pattern but more interested in the PM2 design. I had a Para 3 and really didn't like it so I ended up selling it.

8. usaedcgear

usaedcgear

Feb 12, 2016
    I agree the para 3 is not much lighter to carry then the pm2 and the PM2 fits my hand much better

9. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    I was going to say I hate you .... but it isn't your fault! I never was able to snag one. I agree the texture on the handle looks nice and useful at the same time.

Gregg

10. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    I didn't think I'd find one for a decent price so I ordered a Bento Box PM2 in M390 and blue G10 the night before. The guy selling was an online shop owner and he had 6. They went pretty quick when he posted on a FB group. I was surprised I was able to get one as the post was an hour old.

I have 2 Manix 2's inbound today. The S45VN PM2 should be here Monday and the BB PM2 hasn't shipped yet :/.

11. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    I wanted one until I saw the price. I’ll stick with my brown S35VN Para2/Para3 combo. I’d like to try that S45VN but not at that price. I hope at some point they consider putting it into production, not just a sprint. I do think the knife is very appealing though. :thumbsup:

12. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    Took mine out for the first time today.... riding next to my Leatherman pulse

Attached Files:

metaxasm likes this.
  13. metaxasm

Jul 14, 2002
    it’s a beauty.

Last edited: May 8, 2020
  14. metaxasm

Jul 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

TheFactor and usaedcgear like this.
  15. Srtr

Srtr

Feb 9, 2016
    Got mine last Friday.

Has the worst lock stick I've ever encountered but other than that this is the PM2 I've been dreaming of.

[​IMG]

TheFactor likes this.
  16. sharp_edge

sharp_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Disassemble it and bend the lockbar a bit outward. I have a PM2 base model that had lock stick for nearly five years. I used the knife regularly and lightly and tried all the tricks of applying sharpies, rotating the stop pin, disassembling, cleaning, and lubing. None of these worked until one day I decided to bend the lockbar slightly.

sliceofaloha likes this.
  17. ReignChaser

ReignChaser

May 26, 2019
    It's $157.50. The standard PM2's with satin blade are now $151.20. So the S45VN is $6.30 more. These prices will only keep going up.

BP_ likes this.
  18. BP_

BP_ Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2015
    Correct, when they were available at retailers. I was speaking on the secondary market, since that’s about all we’re gonna get at this point. I went to all the usual places first, then headed over to check out what they were reselling for secondary. A bit rich for my pocket ;)

19. BC42

BC42

Apr 13, 2019
    It was sold out everywhere and people that were selling them were asking $200+ so I ordered the BB PM2 M390. I got the S45VN for $170 shipped.

20. tulsamal

tulsamal

May 14, 1999
    Yeah, I can see where you are coming from on the price. For $159... even $169... maybe even up to $175... I would probably be a buyer. Once it goes over that... well, there are some really nice knives you can get for $200+... those start to push to the front of the line.

Gregg

sliceofaloha and TheFactor like this.