My new Leatherman broke.

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by VicAlox74, Apr 16, 2020.

1. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Really disappointed. :( Haven’t had it long at all. Going to send it in for repair. I’ve heard nothing but good things about their customer service on here. Shouldn’t be a problem.

2. comis

comis Gold Member Gold Member

May 17, 2013
    What happened? Do you have a picture?

3. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    When opening the pliers, it won’t lock to be able to open them. One handle just moves on its own.

It’s already packed up and ready to be shipped to Leatherman.

4. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    My only experience with Leatherman service was last year when the scissors spring in my squirt broke. It was a two week turn around. Considering transit time in the mail, thats not bad. They sent a new squirt.

Hairy Clipper likes this.
  5. theobetts

theobetts

Nov 4, 2004
    Let us now how their service is. I believe you will be treated well.

6. Pr3inar

Pr3inar

Oct 17, 2015
    You will get a new one back. I sent in a Charge TTi for tuning up the pivots. Got a brand new Charge TTi+ in return. Love LM.

7. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    What model was it?

8. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    Wave+

9. Yo Mama

Yo Mama

Sep 25, 2011
    Thanks, was just wondering. I have a wave plus, and love it, Leatherman will make it right.

Storm 8593 likes this.
  10. VicAlox74

VicAlox74

Nov 4, 2018
    I don’t doubt that at all. Heard nothing but good things about Leatherman.

11. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    You have the right attitude:) It does suck when a new and somewhat spendy tool breaks, but LM has been totally awesome in my experience.

12. Lee D

Lee D Basic Member Basic Member

May 27, 2013
    A couple years back I sent a heavily used wingman expecting to owe them a little something for a new blade (concrete guys really beat on stuff), and in less than two weeks I received a brand new one.
    I liked its size and the pocket clip, but went back to my old ST, and gave my nephew the new Wingman for his fishing gear.

*long story short, even tho it was a Wally World budget model, they took care of me. No questions asked

Hairy Clipper likes this.