My pants are falling off....

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by anvilring, Mar 28, 2011.

1. anvilring

anvilring

Nov 29, 2000
    so; I made myself a buckle: a California clip in the style of the old brightcut silver goods of the late 1800's.

I cast it from coin, it weighs in at a heafty 87 grams. Here is the layout....

[​IMG]

The wriggle lines cut in....

[​IMG]

All done; except tomorrow I'll get it out of the orange shellac and polish it the store's shop and put it on the damn belt. Heaven knows I need one....

[​IMG]

m

2. jll346

jll346 Knife maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    Very cool!:thumbup:

3. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    I love doing tremble' (Tram-blay).

4. Burton Harruff

Burton Harruff

Oct 1, 2007
    Cool!

5. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    I like it, that is really nice. Cool belt buckle!

6. jonnymac44

jonnymac44

Sep 27, 2007
    Nice Mitch! That is very cool:thumbup:

7. MSCantrell

MSCantrell KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 12, 2005
    Heheh, I thought the first photo was the finished product. I thought, "Ok, not the tidiest work I've ever seen, but if it suits him, well that's just fine."

But then I saw the rest of the pictures... and the real thing, heck that's nice! Clearly not your first engraving project. I like it!

8. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    that's a sweet belt buckle:thumbup:

9. indian george

indian george

Feb 15, 1999
    Nice Job:thumbup::D

10. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 6, 2000
    Nice wriggle work!

11. shotgunner

shotgunner

May 19, 2010
    Will make a nice weapon too. That is if you need to swing it say on an airplane at some bad guy...