1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

My Preon 2 is GONE

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by kfgk14, Dec 7, 2011.

1. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    Woe is me. I learned a valuable lesson today, in a very, very painful way: Dummy Cord EVERYTHING! Already looking into a belt system for just this, as my Preon was snatched away by a seat belt and is lost from me for all time, in the hands of some punk who snatched it up in a parking lot after it became detached from me.

So...What now? What light do you recommend for me as an EDC light? I'm thinking something AAA-powered (EDC system is all AAA) but if you have a suggestion that runs on 18650 or RCR123 batteries (used in my weapon lights) I'll take that too.

Thanks.

2. Scott Free

Scott Free

Sep 15, 1999
    Another Preon 2? Neutral perhaps? I can't think of anything better. :)

3. Flash Owl

Flash Owl

Aug 24, 2011
    my favorite EDC light is either a sunwayman V10R Ti, or HDS.
    these use RCR123 or CR123.

4. dallastxco

dallastxco

Dec 18, 2010
    Something similar happened to me with a sanrmenmu 710 (folding knife) and recently with an ultrafire flashlight.
    The sanrenmu fell off my pocket and I have really missed it since I lost it. Great value!
    The flashlight broke, but since I had already purchased batteries, gear etc, I was confronted with choosing between a new entirely different flashlight or replacing the one lost.
    I know exactly what I am getting next, but cannot say it here and take the risk of thread readers running the stock down.
    My honest advice: Always look at the reviews first.

5. MVF

MVF Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 2, 2005
    That looks like pretty cool light. If you want to try something a little different, I've been really happy with my Fenix L0D (I think now its an LD01). It goes IN my pocket so it can't escape!

I like the clicky on that Preon, but worry that it might go on if it was in a pocket- any experience?

6. texas gun person

texas gun person

Jun 9, 2010

I've carried my Preon 2 all over the place and it's gone through numerous battery changes. Never had it turn on in my pocket. :)

7. Scott Free

Scott Free

Sep 15, 1999
    Mine has come on in my pocket a few times. I'm careful about how I carry it. I can't imagine it would come on inadvertently in a shirt pocket. If I'm carrying in such a way that I'm concerned, I'll unscrew the head just a bit.