Myto

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by molletta, Nov 2, 2020.

1. molletta

molletta Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2004
    [​IMG]

microbe, knoefz and jeepin like this.
  2. Eli Chaps

Eli Chaps Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Very sexy knife and I don't even like frame locks!

I think the jacks look great as well. Keep it up lionSTEEL!

3. Kon

Kon

Feb 15, 2018
    Nice piece of folder, but I will not be one of the owners....I don't like the removable flipper....if a blade with solid flipper will come available so I will buy one immediately!!

Wavicle and bladesrckool like this.
  4. Joe58

Joe58 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Nice looking but it’s a bit too long for me. I also don’t care for being dependent on the flipper only. I’m not a flipper guy.

Add a thumbstud that can be removed if the user desires.

5. Kon

Kon

Feb 15, 2018
    ....Just remember that every hole or opening on the main shape of the blade offers a fragile point (crack start) in case of hard mechanical use.

6. molletta

Sep 1, 2004
    molletta edition

[​IMG]

Dangerously likes this.
  7. abartat

abartat

Aug 13, 2020
    Judging by the history of "molletta editions" you are a huge fan of K390 steel. Why? What makes it better than M390? thanks.

8. abartat

abartat

Aug 13, 2020
    Judging by the history of "molletta editions" you are a huge fan of K390 steel. Why? What makes it better than M390? thanks.

9. mdeous

mdeous

Nov 6, 2020
    A few days ago the product was available on your website, but now I can't find any reference to it anymore, it even disappeared from the menu, is it because you're out of stock?

You might like their T.R.E. then, it has a removable flipper tab as well as a removable thumb stud. That's a model that I've been very tempted to buy for a while.

10. molletta

Sep 1, 2004
    M390 is a good steel especially with secondary hardening. Lionsteel M390 have this HT. If you need a good corrosion resitance this is for you.
    If corrosion resistance is not a problem for you and like patina on blade. K390 is better in all aspects.

Dangerously and abartat like this.
  11. Joe58

Joe58 Basic Member Basic Member

Nov 11, 2002
    I do have a TRE, and it’s a nice knife. On it though, I find the thumb disc a bit too small and kinda hard to get at. Needs to be a little more forward. That’s me though. Arthritic hands.

12. RIP Dequincy Jynxie

RIP Dequincy Jynxie Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Jun 10, 2020
    can we get another picture? the link doesn't work for me, for whatever reason

EDIT: never mind, found pics of Mr. molletta's new creation elsewhere

13. mckrob

mckrob Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Have any of your Canadian dealers taken delivery of any of these yet?

14. Freedom Pullo

Freedom Pullo Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2015
  15. mckrob

mckrob Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 15, 2007
    Have you shipped these to any of your Canadian dealers yet??

16. molletta

Sep 1, 2004
    The standard M390 is in stores. I think also in Canada. The k390 version is unavailable in store.

17. HYREN

HYREN

Feb 26, 2021
    What is the sharpening angle for this knife?

18. Brummie

Brummie Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 13, 2007
    I have the Myto with a micarta handle. I like it - good size, versatile blade shape, robust but light, well made, simple classic design, comfortable in the hand, deep-carry straight clip looks like you're carrying a pen rather than a knife.

Not so good aspects:
    - Like most Lionsteel folders, it's pretty thick behind the edge. Will probably need to thin / contour the edge to make it really perform.
    - The flipper design is not great. Have to remember to use the meaty pad of my finger, not the bony tip, otherwise it can be quite uncomfortable. I actually prefer it without the flipper - you have more versatility in the grip, and I'll probably carry it mainly as a companion knife to a large fixed blade, rather than an EDC, so I don't need fast deployment.

The weird part - there are internal lightening pockets milled into the micarta. I don't know why, as the weight saving would be miniscule. Perhaps they just didn't bother updating the milling program from the one used for the titanium scale? The milled scale doesn't feel particularly fragile, but I would have more confidence in it if it was just a solid slab of micarta.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021 at 3:27 PM