Native 5 Salt far from water

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by cupton, May 7, 2020.

1. cupton

cupton

Dec 17, 2018
    I just cant take my eye off of that Native 5 Salt. Anyone own and carry a Salt and not necessarily need the corrosion resistance? I live near Pittsburgh and we do get a lot of rain! Does that count? ;)

In all seriousness I love my Native 5 black G10 but am also looking for a Native 5 lightweight and seeing as how yellow is my favorite color, that yellow Salt just keeps catching my eye.

2. VashHash

VashHash

Aug 11, 2009
    I'd say go for it. LC200N performs pretty well and the native is a great knife.

cupton likes this.
  3. blueblur

blueblur

Feb 25, 2009
    I’ve been carrying the Siren since I received it, about 2 weeks now. I’m also in the PGH area. I don’t need the corrosion resistance but it’s such a nice design and the execution is top notch I can’t not carry it right now. I’m sure I’ll take it with me when I vacation to the beach, go to FL, etc. so it’s nice knowing I don’t need to worry about the elements with it but that is really just a bonus for me with my typical daily use.

The Native is also a great design and if you like the yellow, go for it!

4. cupton

cupton

Dec 17, 2018
    Hmmm... I'd have a black Native 5 and a yellow Native 5. You see what Im getting at here. REPRESENT!

5. Cowboyfromhell666

Cowboyfromhell666

May 13, 2019
    Get one! I love mine...it's my outdoors beater knife. Opening mulch bags in spring and opening bags of salt in the winter. No corrosion at all! Plus the yellow gets dirty and Brown's up nicely like a banana ripining on the counter lol

cupton and 353 like this.
  6. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Never know when you're gonna have to go on a sea voyage to flee from an unjust accusation. Better get one, just in case. ;)

Brock O Lee, Dallas T and cupton like this.
  7. cupton

cupton

Dec 17, 2018
    Some very good justifications for the purchase here to really consider. We love bananas and the real potential of a fleeing sea voyage every now and then. ;)

Thanks all for your help and suggestions.

Insipid Moniker likes this.
  8. bikerector

bikerector KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 16, 2016
    I carry the native 5 salt as my workout knife when I'm on the bike. It's come in handy several times when cutting twigs or grass out of the drivetrain. Much faster the trying to pull it all out. It also is nice if I want to do a little pruning on some local trails I help maintain and I didn't bring something bigger.

nephron and cupton like this.
  9. Surfingringo

Surfingringo Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2013
    Haha!

I’d go for it. Even if you don’t live near the ocean it’s always nice to have at least one knife that you know you can use hard and put away wet. It also makes a great knife for lightweight clothing or IWB carry. Low weight and rust proof.

cupton likes this.
  10. insta9ves

insta9ves

Apr 3, 2007
    Sweat is pretty corrosive.

cupton likes this.
  11. cupton

cupton

Dec 17, 2018
    I am weak. I have no will power. I ordered the Native 5 Salt. Should have it next week.

jacksterp and 353 like this.
  12. Trvrdgr1234

Trvrdgr1234

Apr 29, 2019
    It’s almost summer.... you’ll go in a pool or something