1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 39 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Cold Steel Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Cold Steel Knives Tuff Lite & Cold Steel Merch Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Sept 28 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 38 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream, going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter , along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

ndog Gots Him a New Beachmobile!

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by ndoghouse, Sep 10, 2019.

1. ndoghouse

ndoghouse Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 26, 2010
    Yep! My burned up old 74 Ford pickup just got replaced! It sure did give us some great service and lots of great memories but I know from experience once a vehicle burns it is smoke up to the truck gods and dont even try to bring them back to earth. Let them go to Pele! Done Deal to say the least!

[​IMG]

These were some good times and I think I only owned one Khukri at the time:D sadly it wasnt an HI but since then all are HI thanks to Yangdu. Whats this got to do with Khukris you might ask? Well (as Uncle Bill used to say) EVERYTHING!!!
    Eight years later and few good crypto trades... enter an entirely new beast!

[​IMG]
    Ford Super Duty 7.3L Diesel 4X4 custom flatbed, exhaust, toolbox, 6" lift kit, and 35" ATV tires. Did I miss anything. I can go down the beach or any damn place I want now and as far as I want to rid of drunk teenagers and associated drama. Nothing against drunk teens as I was one too ya know (still am sometimes;)) but I got dogs and family now so theres a fine place for me and a fine place for them and it aint the same place.
    I did pretty good then but them logs I couldn't pull up from the wet sand for firewood are now officially kindling, marshmallow sticks, back scratchers, toast on a stick, whatever you want to call them! I now got room for my big dogs in the back seat and Mernie has air conditioning and tunes! I got to figure out how to get the dogs up there tho. They need an extra step i guess?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Cant wait to tell my grand kids (add 8 years to this pic)! Never mind the warning on the bucket. She survived Mernies wash bucket!
    [​IMG]
    Dogs love the beach too!
    Still got to ring out some maintenance stuff on the truck before I take it out but the previous owner just took it 1000 miles to the mountains and another trip before I bought it and it did just fine so I should be hauling some Khuks soon! Hope yall like my new haul. I still got to make some removable woodie side rails and maybe a tailgate but should have plenty of new adventures soon. This makes me a happy man beyond what I can say. Stay tuned!

2. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    What a beast...whatch out all you youngsters on the road, ndog is coming, and he ain't moving or stopping for anyone...!

3. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Yes sir, fine truck there, I had an 03 F250 like that with the same engine, it will serve you well my friend. Love the pics man, enjoy your new ride.

4. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Thanks Brothers! Cant wait for a day off to take her down some terrain! Somehow Pugs I figured you would know what I was talking about;)

5. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Durn fine looking truck! Bawanna needs a few extra steps.
    They are making some pretty cool derelict trucks these days but at like 85,000 bucks and up they won't be in my driveway anytime soon.
    Just saw a sweet Jimmy with one of them fancy new tail gates that fold 6 ways from Sunday, whole side folds up and has a lift to insert derelict (me). Real sweet. But I'd have to live in the thing.

6. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Ha! I saw a commercial yesterday for that transformer tailgate. I laughed pretty dang hard. I suppose there are people that got plenty of money to throw away and could use all that stuff? Man Id hate to have to replace that tailgate! My neighbor next door before she crossed the river had one of them fancy handicapped vans. My wife would driver her to the store and doc etc. She got stuck in the parking lot a few times and couldnt figure out how to make the thing start. Apparently they have sensors and such when you put the ramp down. It also lowers or kneels I think they call it and if you dont hold your teeth just right and unlock the thing-ama-bob doo hickey...before you do the other thingy just right...Anyway They finally got it figured out. They called me for help and it was pretty funny but I had no idea how to help them?

7. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    Yup my van is that way, parking brake light has to be on. Can't do one thing until another thing happens.
    Great when it works but there's lots of time its kind of balky like Bookies mule.
    I have a full size van so it don't kneel or have a ramp. I wouldn't mind something that gets better than 10 MPG but not sure I want to run around in a cub scout van either.

8. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Im getting about 15.5 mpg in the truck right now so I aint complaining to much. I thought it would be worse. It prolly gets 20mpg on the highway with cruise set and wind behind me but It wouldnt surprise me if it got 8mpg in the city.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  9. EricTheRedBeard

EricTheRedBeard Basic Member Basic Member

May 17, 2018
    I like your truck like I like my coffee... black and strong. The wood side rails on the bed are going to look good. I'm sure many enjoyable adventures will be had.

10. ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Ha! Havent thought about that Eric! I do like my coffee black too! ..and strong. Coffee aint coffee if you can see through it. Shes been running great tho. Been my daily driver till I get another car running. Today the blinker relay started blinking all by itself. It started a few days ago but I thought it was my keys banging up against the dash or the trailer brake controller going haywire but I think I got that fixed. I do expect those little things to happen for that age of truck tho. I do have to get on the rails soon tho. I got a river trip coming up in a few weeks. Im about ready to put the family in the truck and take a drive right now tho. My A/C went out in the house and its 91 degrees inside. Uurrrgggh! I just figured out its a bad capacitor so soon as I get that fixed life will be much better! Im surprised my wife aint bit^%$$n any more than she is. I think ill keep her:D