1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW 4.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by OBX351, May 30, 2016.

1. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I have been talking with Andrius and I think i will bite the bullet on an apocalypse-m (smaller version to the regular kind)
    I will give you an updat once she arrives! I was tossing it up with going for the k1 but settling for the apocalypse instead

Glad to know yours is serving you well so far :(

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  2. OBX351

OBX351 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Got my shipping notice yesterday!!! I should have my new 4.7s early next week!

3. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    :thumbup::thumbup:

4. Munzer

Munzer Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Lucky dog! Hopefully that's a sign that I'll be getting an email from S!K soon.

5. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    Just curious are yours Pre-Orders or Factory 2nds? Also, when did you order them? I'm curious because I'm just waiting for one my Factory 2nd I ordered in December. Congrats!!

6. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    F 2nd CFV ordered on 12/21/16 - TY!

7. squarebox86

squarebox86

Feb 6, 2014
    Congrats! Enjoy it!!!
    I'm still waiting on my CFV factory 2nd ordered on 12/15/16...

8. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    Thanks! Hope you get your 4.7 soon.

9. squarebox86

squarebox86

Feb 6, 2014
    Thankfully I have my other GSO(s) to keep me company meanwhile :X
    Really wanting to try out CFV steel...

10. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    Awesome, I'm waiting for my F2 4.7 in 3v that I ordered on December 8th I believe. I have a 4.7 in CFV and it's a great blade. Enjoy!

11. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    It's great stuff. You'll love how fast you can sharpen it too.

12. lamanian

lamanian

Jun 1, 2016
    I ordered my 4.7 in november and still awaiting fulfillment. Im sure it will be well worth the wait but makes me wonder how people ordering a f2 4.7 a month after me already have theirs in hand.

13. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Iamanian, some options seem to take longer to ship than others. I recently received a 2nd 4.7 20CV that I ordered in the middle of October.
    Different handles, different steel, maybe even different sheath, it all seems to randomize the delivery order.
    I have ordered and received four Survive knives in the last seven months, so the process is slow but orders are shipping.

14. lamanian

lamanian

Jun 1, 2016
    Im sure your right and realize that my previous post may have come off as a bit annoyed but actually im not. I really just happy to finally have a sk! ordered and can't wait to get my hands on it.

15. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    Lamanian - No worries, we're all anxious to get our knives. Let us know when you get your notification and post a review.

16. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Your question is one that will continue to come up time and again if the business model stays the way it is. I'm not sure if this would be the solution Guy and Ellie are after, but if what we see now being sold as 'seconds' transitioned into the 'sk' line, I think it would help a lot with PR. When you find a blank that's not going to make a first.......hand it off to the help to slap black canvas scales on it, pair it with a black sheath, and get it listed on the sk line. Not sure that we'll see that happen, but it would keep Guy working on the GSO/Firsts line and mitigate a lot of the bad PR in an internet age where perception is reality.

17. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    HK, I'm not sure what your degree is in from the Royal Academy of Hard Knocks, but I really like your idea. Yet another benefit to using the same steel for both GSO and SK lines. Wouldn't that be something if all seconds were no longer seconds?... they just became SKs and we're immediately readied and sold.

18. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    It was the first thing I thought when I heard Ellie say they were (most likely) going to stick with 3V for that line. I don't know if they'll adopt this way of doing it, but I hope they consider it if Ellie stumbles through this thread. It would never have made sense if they were going to do the sk line in another steel, but now, maybe.......

19. CO hunter

CO hunter

Jan 21, 2015
    HK, that is one heck of a good idea!

20. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    HK, are you responding to the "Future of the SK Line" thread here in the 4.7 thread?