1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW 4.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by OBX351, May 30, 2016.

1. lamanian

lamanian

Jun 1, 2016
    Not a bad idea

2. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    I'm responding to the bolded part of the quote below that was asked earlier in this thread.

3. OBX351

OBX351 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 29, 2014
    It's a great idea HK!

4. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Okay, I was a bit confused because the discussion closely paralleled one in the other thread.

5. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    I did a copy and paste into the 'future of the sk series' thread just now to corral it up a bit. From the posts #992 to #1004 here.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  6. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    So I got my knives today and several sets of handles, jade and camo, and as usual they are awesome!!

The 4.7 with a new set of camo scales (moving a new set of jades on my 3v 4.7) and standard scales:
    [​IMG]

The new jade on my 5.1, it's pretty bad @$$!!
    [​IMG]

7. Standard78

Standard78 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2015
    Lucky!!!
    Those camo scales look great on the Cruforge!

8. Karoi

Karoi Unobtanium Member Gold Member

Sep 7, 2014
    Congrats OBX! You must be a happy man :)
    There's something about these jade handles...

I like your ideas for the SK line HK!

9. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    Very nice, OBX!
    Did you order extra 4.7 handle scales?

HK, nice work on transferring over the info here to the other thread.

10. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Fancier was right, makes much more sense over there, keep it to 4.7 talk in here. Speaking of which, I think that is the first handle swap I've seen done on the CFV models OBX. That camo looks great on there!

11. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    Thanks!!

Yes, thanks! I've been wanting them for about a year.

TY! Yes!

12. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    TY!! I swap out handles on most of my knives.

13. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    Finally remembered to change out my handles.....

[​IMG]

14. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Beautiful!

Someone really needs to start a 4.7 vs 4.1 thread because im stuck on which to attempt to get next lol.

15. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    I have an order for a 2nd 4.7 in 3V waiting to be fulfilled.
    Is anybody else still hanging on for any 4.7 orders?
    Guy claims that I'll get it by the end of the month, so fingers are crossed. :D

16. OBX351

Sep 29, 2014
    He told me the same thing earlier in the week. Hopefully you'll get yours soon!!

17. Munzer

Munzer Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2014
    Yes, still waiting. Last time I asked Jordyn, it was supposed to be fulfilled by end of January. So right on schedule. :)

18. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    I have a 2nd 4.1 in D3V that I'm waiting on from a October 17th order and a 2nd 4.7 in 3v that I ordered on December 8th. According to Guy both of them are suppose to be here by the end of the month. Jordyn also mentioned by the end of the month in a response to an email I sent them a few weeks ago. We shall see and I have my fingers crossed because I'd like to go play with them in April on a snow camping trip in the Sierra's.

19. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    My hope (more so for the S!K team than us customers) is that as they keep checking off various models in production, they can stream line what they're finishing up. Wow, they are juggling a lot right now!

20. rc51kid

rc51kid

Dec 7, 2009
    Yep. I am waiting on a cmp 4.7 that I ordered dec 8th as a second. I would love to see it before mid April.