1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Week 29 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Ron Flaherty Folder

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Ron Flaherty folder , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, July 20 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

NEW 4.7 Thread

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by OBX351, May 30, 2016.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    The most recent seconds will be marked as such under the Flag. Perhaps the last of the 154CMs were etched before they went with that system, and so were marked under the scale. Nice knife BTW. Should serve really well in that steel.

2. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    rc51kid, that is really interesting. As far as I knew, a hole drilled all the way through was an indication of steel type. Does yours have a little divot pressed into the steel anywhere under the scales?

Great pics, by the way. Enjoy that sweet knife!

3. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Good catch. I read too fast and had 'divot' in my mind, but he definitely did say that there's a hole drilled, and you're right that should be steel-type. Interesting.

4. SURVIVE! Ellie

SURVIVE! Ellie

Apr 21, 2014
    Yep, a through and through hole is to denote steel type. If it were a Factory 2nd it would say so under the flag. Are you sure you ordered a 2nd? The CFV knives are priced a bit cheaper than the CPMs, because of the more simple build options.

Standard78 likes this.
  5. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    ^^^^Now that would be a real tragedy. Thinking you paid for a factory second when you really ordered a first!

Let us know what your situation is when you get the chance, rc.

Standard78 likes this.
  7. Methuselah

Methuselah Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 7, 2015
    1. So one pic of 4.7 before cerekote:)
    2. one pic of what happens to cerekote before selling to me:eek:
    3. one pic of what happens when i get a GSO 4.7 :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    after a couple attempts at posting , this worked best
    thats why i edited a few times and posted these pics 2x.

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  8. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    I know I know, pics or it didn't happen, but man it feels good to have a 4.7 in hand again.
    I dare say I like the size better than the 5.1,,, will post pics later but for now it's in my console as my truck knife :thumbsup:

9. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice!! I'm with you, I like the feel of the 4.7 over the 5.1. Did you sell one and then land another?

ETA: Woohoo! You landed that CFV!! Congrats brother!

Last edited: May 11, 2017
  10. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    So I handled a 4.7 in grogs passaround,, then saw one come up at a smoking price and couldn't pass it up

11. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    That was a screaming deal. I think there's still another cfv listed that's unsold for a bit more money though. I'm in selling mode right now or I'd think about it. That one of chiral's I got to try was a nice blade, and I'm glad Guy ran this model in a few different steels.

rcb2000 likes this.
  12. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    Was in the Mojave desert out in Nevada from last Thursday to this Tuesday for a four day Frontsight course. We camped outside the facility and brought a few knives. I brought my 4.1 in D3V, 4.7 in 20cv, and a CPK EDC in D3V. After a 12 hour drive there and 9 hours of firearms training each day it was nice to setup a fire and watch the sunrise and sunset.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hard Knocks, Standard78 and rcb2000 like this.
  13. rcb2000

rcb2000

Apr 15, 2014
    Gorgeous, looks like a great time

14. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    Thanks! It was literally a blast because I think we went thru over 800 rds. Tough to beat the desert sunsets too.
    [​IMG]

Methuselah and Standard78 like this.
  15. Methuselah

Feb 7, 2015
    that's a great time w/ desert sunsets. thank you for sharing it . i miss those. the best i did lately was take this outside for the first time since finishing to get some pics.

[​IMG]

supertac916 and ATJ999 like this.
  16. Methuselah

Feb 7, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Better focus.

Psybull, supertac916 and ATJ999 like this.
  17. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    Beautiful handles on your 4.7. It's definitely nice to get a chance to play with our knives. :)

Methuselah likes this.
  18. Brian77

Brian77 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 27, 2014
    That sounds great. I want to take a shooting course with my son. Any other details you could share or suggest? PM me with info if you could.

supertac916 likes this.
  19. supertac916

supertac916

Sep 6, 2014
    I posted a personal message on your profile. You can look up the courses they offer on Frontsight's webpage and disregard the prices for each individual class. I would buy a membership for $50-$300 that offers lifetime classes at their facility. It's ultimately that cost plus a $50 background check and you can attend any of their classes. Some guy on eBay is selling them for $45 for the Diamond Memberships. Honestly, even if you only use it once it pays for itself because the classes are top notch. We did the 4 day Defensive Handgun course and it was very organized and well run with some of the best instructors I've seen in the 20 years I've been training. Personally, I bought the Commander membership which offers 40% off all gear, 10% off ammo, purchase guns at cost, and unlimited classes for life. You can stay right outside the facility whether it be camping or trailer or stay in the town of Pahrump, NV at the Saddle West hotel for $55 a night.

Email me if you have any questions.

Brian77 likes this.
  20. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    I am not good with updates, but has it been announced when the 4.7's will be available again for purchase?