New 750 dollar CRKT

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by jill jackson, Mar 28, 2019.

1. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I have a CRKT that was a gift. I has an interesting lock, it holds a decent edge, I can sharpen it to shave my arm ( which is always and important task for us knife people), and the knife is well constructed. It has G10, an has good fit and finish in my limited experience.

When do we stop hating on a product when a new one comes out.

I will only respect any post from here forward if the person who is crapping has some hands on experience with the actual knife in hand.

Otherwise it will all be "fake news" to coin a popular phrase that may resonate.

best

mqqn

Rupestris likes this.
  2. JustaNick

JustaNick

Feb 3, 2019
    I have 2 Crkt Rugers: the follow-through compact and the LCK. I only buy the Ruger CRKT’s.

mqqn likes this.
  3. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    It looks alright to me, but not $750 alright.

MarriedTheMedic and mqqn like this.
  4. brooksknives

brooksknives

Jul 4, 2001
    Hahahahahaha oh my god thats funny

5. SW-EDC

SW-EDC Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 4, 2015
    If they want to start putting half of that price tag on their knives, they better start making them here with American steel and labor.
    BTW, what is that and is it plastic?
    [​IMG]

6. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    Huge knife , bullet proof lock = great idea . But a little late .

$750 would buy you a whole lot of Cold Steel Tria-ad lock / gigundo knife goodness !

But none of us should be " Xoced" by CRKT gimmickry . :rolleyes:

jlauffer and Pomsbz like this.
  7. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I saw Cutlery Lover's video and the swag he got along with the knife. What would a knife need to be worth the 750 cost? CRKT isn't a bad knife company. Why shoudn't they be allowed to market such a knife? Knives are knives.....unless you are a snob and ZT (whatever brand) is the only company that COULD charge big bucks for some huge knife.

JustaNick and mqqn like this.
  8. Twindog

Twindog Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 6, 2004
    It's fun to see videos of this knife. Kind of cool.

But 11 oz. is way too big for an EDC. Add the price of suspenders to keep your pants up.

Lapedog likes this.
  9. jaseman

jaseman

Jul 28, 2016
    I'm no knife snob.... hell, my most expensive folder is a standard G10 Manix... but I don't see the price justification.

Is it worth it? I have no idea, and I'll probably never be in the market for a knife half that price. But when a low-to-mid tier company like CRKT, whose high-end is the $100 range, suddenly drops a $750 offering, it just rings odd. No matter what the materials, or craftsmanship, it just seems a bit out of their wheelhouse.

It would be like Kia offering up a $500k super car. Just kind of a WTF move that makes most people scratch their heads.

kniferbro likes this.
  10. PWatkins

PWatkins

Oct 20, 2017
    I think I'll keep my $750 ;)

11. Banter 247

Banter 247

Feb 22, 2019
    I don’t mind being called a snob or whatever else a person may care to call me for my reaction to this knife at $750. The simple truth is that $750 opens a lot of options in the knife world, including customs from my favorite designer. It will undoubtedly sell, because there are going to be 200 people out there willing to go in on it, but it’s not appealing to me to drop $750 on an 11oz CRKT ‘hard use’ knife, instead of putting that into something like a $549 custom LV Knives Javelin, and keeping the other $201 warm in my pocket.

I respect anyone else’s differing opinion, and will never argue preference.

JustaNick likes this.
  12. T.L.E. Sharp

T.L.E. Sharp Oatmeal Pecan is better than Chocolate-chip. Platinum Member

Jun 30, 2016
    I don't need to handle a knife to know that the price is absurd and the blade finish is sub-par. The manufacturers own photos illustrate it clearly enough.

Quiet, craytab, falar and 1 other person like this.
  13. Mo2

Mo2

Apr 8, 2016
    Why do you need a folder this big let alone a lock that strong for? You don't.

falar likes this.
  14. CdnMitch

CdnMitch

Jan 12, 2019
    CRKT Wins here,

People start threads, even if it is to bash the product it is still free advertising for their newest lock innovation.

Smart move CRKT.

Mo2 likes this.
  15. nwmetalbug

nwmetalbug

Jun 10, 2012
    I dont care what the price is I wouldnt want that brick in my pocket for any amount its way to big for anything I would carry

Mo2 likes this.
  16. Brhowser87

Brhowser87

Aug 3, 2016
    But but but.......it has our new deadbolt lock.....:confused:o_O

This thing was on my Google "suggested stories" links today. I'm glad I'm not the only one googlG played that joke on. A $750 CRKT is a joke right?

17. specgrade

specgrade Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2009
    I guess a person doesn't need an AR 15 when a Marlin 22 cal. will go bang just the same? I know what I need and what I don't....thank you.

marrenmiller and JustaNick like this.
  18. falar

falar

Jul 7, 2012
    I like big folders.

I have no problem dropping 1000 on one if I like it enough.

I have no interest in this. It seems to be big in all of the wrong dimensions, not a fan of the blade shape, doubt the build quality is there for the price based off what I can see there.

19. Barman1

Barman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Dang.
    I'd totally buy one but I just laid out 520 clams for the newest Spyderco...o_O

20. Dfunk1210

Dfunk1210

Apr 7, 2015
    When the Hi-Jinx saw an affordable production version, they unfortunately went cheap on it. I hope when they do a scaled down affordable version of this, it’s at least a respectable Taiwan model.

EDIT: but considering what they are asking for the Seismic, don't expect too much

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019