New Book: Knifemaking Hacks

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Jason Fry, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Jason Fry

Jason Fry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2008
    Howdy, folks. I'm happy to announce the availability of my new book, Knifemaking Hacks: 384 tips to make knives like the pros. Published by our friends at BLADE magazine, this book contains a wide variety of short tips and tricks on all parts of knifemaking. It also includes over 100 full color professional photos of some of the best knives in the world by makers you'll certainly know, and some you won't.

Autographed copies are available through my website, www.frycustomknives.com/my-books The book is available at Jantz and the Gun Digest web store as well. If you are interested in distribution or resale, let me know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mecha, Bmgillum, fishface5 and 2 others like this.
  2. SBuzek

SBuzek KnifeMaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 7, 2006
    Got mine in the mail today, thanks Jason.

Jason Fry and Dawkind like this.
  3. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    What a great project! The 'quick and useful' format will make it more usable. Folks will be more likely to read if there isn't a drawn out time committment.

Glad to be a part of this for my MANY clients and especially for the viewers. They will see examples and be impressed.

4. Jason Fry

Jason Fry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 5, 2008
    Thanks for working with me on this one, Jim!

5. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    I just ordered mine. I can't wait to skim through this and then have my next project mistaken for a piece by Bruce Bump!

gga357 likes this.
  6. Lorien

Lorien KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 5, 2005
    congratulations, Jason- this is quite an achievement!

7. Jason Fry

Jun 5, 2008
    #metoo lol. Bruce is one of only two folks who have three works featured. Some of us are old enough to remember his absolutely EPIC work in progress threads from the earlier days of the internet. Much respect!

8. Jason Fry

Jun 5, 2008
    These have been selling very well. Sold through my initial order, and just got the backordered ones sent out today. In stock with more on the way.

FWIW, since I got these pics from the photographers, many makers are surprised to find they're included. Right Karl Andersen, lol?

9. Bmgillum

Bmgillum Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Just ordered mine...

I’m not a maker but perhaps this will help me become more knowledgeable about what I am buying...

cheers/bg

Jason Fry likes this.
  10. Jason Fry

Jun 5, 2008
    Working on distribution for Canada and Australia.

11. Richard338

Richard338 Gold Member Gold Member

May 3, 2005
    Maybe you'll appreciate #73 "At some level you don't sell knives, you sell pictures of knives..."
    I guess Coop might appreciate that one also.

SharpByCoop and Jason Fry like this.
  12. Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 20, 2009
    Very nice.

13. Jason Fry

Jun 5, 2008
    I put one of yours in there, Mark. I don't have a copy in front of me at the moment, but I'll post a pic of your page perhaps later this evening.

14. Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Dec 20, 2009
    That's a very nice surprise Jason. We were going to order one any way but post a picture if you like. I'm curious to see which one you picked.

Also, If you like I'll sign a copy for you on my page and send it back. Wouldn't it be cool if you got all of the makers to sign your copy?

I think I'll bring my copy to the next Blade show, if we ever have another Blade show, and get as many autographs as I can too.

I think Angel just ordered one.

Jason Fry likes this.
  15. Arnestion

Arnestion

Oct 15, 2020
    Congratulations! I recently heard about this book, my friend praised it and said that he wanted to buy it.

16. SharpByCoop

SharpByCoop Enjoying the discussions Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 8, 2001
    Of course I do. As Snody would say: "Real talk."

Reread my education in the link in my signature below (Post 815). :thumbsup:

This book is a treasure trove of valuable QUICK and lasting advice, with just enough visuals to slap you upside the head. :p

Thank you Jason!