1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New Buck

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by Wallace Mutt, May 24, 2016.

1. Wallace Mutt

Wallace Mutt

Jan 24, 2016
  2. mauser9

mauser9

Mar 1, 2016
    Wow!! Looks like one serious blade Wallace. Designs they come out with blows my mind. One serious brute! Thanks for taking time to post.

3. MT_Pokt

MT_Pokt Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2014
    Looks like they're joining the zombie race with Tops.

4. Xr6x

Xr6x Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 17, 2015
    Thanks Wallace for the vid. A little out of my league price and style. Might be the blade to have for urban war.

5. MT_Pokt

Jul 21, 2014
    Buck Talon FMC (Full Mission Capable) 808
    Overall length - 16"
    Tool weight - 1.4#
    Sheath weight - .7#
    Blade steel - 5160 Spring Steel
    Blade coating - Cerakote
    Blade length - 10.25"
    Thickness - .23"
    Handle material - Tricolored canvas Micarta

Looks like both tan and black are available.

Zombies lookout!!

Thanks for sharing Wallace. I thought it was going to be another Bowie thread. When I seen it wasn't, I thought it might be what they made with the error blades from the Moose skinner. After rummaging up the details, it might be quite handy. Not sure the price point is going to make it a winner though.

6. TAH

TAH Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2001
    I'm too old and tired to hunt Zombies. I'm gonna stick with my 110 and squirrels. :eek:

7. mars5l

mars5l

Mar 18, 2014
    I like it, but not $460 like it, plus only for military and LE.

8. Makael

Makael KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2015
    It's nice to see this from Buck.

9. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Wow! They will sell a bunch of those.

10. Steve6387

Steve6387

Jul 1, 2013
    I'll be the odd man out. I see a king with no clothes. It looks to me like Buck had an internal contest to see how many tactical concepts they could bundle into a single knife. Ugly and so functional it's non-functional.

11. pinnah

pinnah

Jul 28, 2011
    This is lost on me.

I'd rather be talking about a US made Bos heat treated Selkirk with a thinned down guard to allow for a pinch hold draw cut.

I wish Buck would compete more with Bark River, Case, and GEC and less with Tops, Busse, SOG, and Rough Rider (on cheap imported slip joints)

12. MT_Pokt

Jul 21, 2014
    Do we know if this is a Buck catalog item, or a contract item for a specific vendor?

If it's a one-off run for a specific vendor I can understand the high price tag. It's not like they put a different scale or blade on an existing design. Actually, at the price point I've seen I would be disappointed if it wasn't a custom run.

I like that they're stepping out of the comfort zone for something like this. It's a testament of their willingness to do more custom stuff. We should embrace their flexibility if this is the case. A rebirth of sorts of the old custom shop perhaps?

13. BuckShack

BuckShack Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 19, 2015
    The youtube caption says the Talon FMC is engineered and designed by Buck Knives for Unifire. Only available to Military and law enforcement.

14. 300Bucks

300Bucks Moderator Moderator

Apr 19, 2005
    Maybe we can watch for it in a movie or on TV. 300

15. sams

sams

Apr 21, 2001
    if I was a young man, I would buy it.

16. brianv

brianv

Oct 23, 2012
    I hope a ton of these sell to the people that think they need such a thing! That would mean more money for Buck knives that we want and can use. I imagine it would be a good boat anchor too.

17. skyhorse

skyhorse Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Rambo would be proud.:)

18. ohen cepel

ohen cepel Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Just heard of this tonight. Crazy amount of money and little gain over things like the Hoodlum. I thought it was a joke actually when I saw the video.

To each their own.

Watched the video again, painful given all the tacticool lingo in it! Buck made it for the Unifire guys per their design and price. I can't find it on the Buck site which makes me thing its a Unifire only thing. I can see them ending up at a much lower price on close out in the near future. Ton of $$$ for that blade.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  19. David Martin

David Martin Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Apparently Buck sees there is room in this market for this model. DM

20. bt93

bt93

May 12, 2015
    Kind of pricey for 5160, over 400 bucks. Bet it's the most expensive 'knife' with that steel. I'm not into exotic metals but if I wanted one of those bad I'd just go to a junkyard and snatch a leaf spring and make my own, and I hate doing handy stuff. But if it saved me that much money, I'd make it myself. For what it is I'd give a hundred bucks for it if I had a use for it.