New Flipper - the Spyderco Dice

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by Blade and Flame, Jan 16, 2014.

1. Blade and Flame

Blade and Flame

Nov 15, 2012
    For everyone who ever wanted a smaller flipper from Spyderco, it looks like they've delivered.

GPKnives just posted a photo from SHOT of a new model, the Dice:

http://instagram.com/p/jM2oyXP-yz/

It looks like this might be a Chaparral-sized model. GPKnives describes the knife as the "baby brother" to the Domino, and it does have a family resemblance, right down to the Bill Cosby sweater CF weave and CTS-XHP.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  2. Pretty nifty

3. Liquid Cobra

Liquid Cobra

Feb 17, 2013
    I'm not sure what I like more. The knife or your bill Cosby reference.

4. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    I think a lot of us wanted a larger Domino, not a smaller one! Looks great, though.

5. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Very nice! I prefer smaller knives so this one will fit into my rotation perfectly:thumbup:

6. Accelerator

Accelerator Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2010
    This could become the coolest watch-pocket knife ever! :thumbup:

7. AddictedToGear

AddictedToGear

Aug 28, 2013
    Looks good, it is just a smaller version of the Domino so it is no ground breaking but still cool and will be popular I assume.

8. Cursum Perficio

Cursum Perficio Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Nice. Love my Domino, would be very tempted by this. And a larger version as well one day...?

9. HWF

HWF Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 1, 2012
    Can't have domino without the dice. ;)

Well done!

10. Stiletto Raggio

Stiletto Raggio

Jan 29, 2000
    I wish they had gone in the other direction. A Manix variant with a flipper would be awesome.

Still, a neat knife.

11. flipe8

flipe8

Oct 24, 2005
    I'm not a fan of flippers, but Spyderco manages to make them functional without looking like afterthoughts.

12. EZ Bake

EZ Bake

Mar 5, 2009
    Haha. I was just thinking that. That description is now forever stuck in my head.

13. clockman

clockman

Jan 14, 2009

Agreed. 1000%

14. nccole

nccole

Jun 2, 2011
    I am happy with the handle size, but wouldn't have minded a slightly longer blade since there was handle to contain it and it was already passed the 3" threshold. It would have also made it look a bit more proportional, but as it is it's a great knife. Actually, what would have been more desirable for me would have been a wire clip. If I bought this one, I would play with it and then probably give it to my wife. She likes flippers.

15. Molle Ninja

Molle Ninja

Jul 15, 2013
    Beating the drum here, but I would like a design that isn't so tall when folded in the pocket. A smaller Southard, for example.

16. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003

Me too.. But dont know about the budget!! LOL!!! It is NICE!!! John

17. Syncharmony

Syncharmony

Oct 22, 2013
    I had the same thought about the wire clip and the blade proportions. I like the idea of a smaller domino, but the blade does looks a little smushed since it's still pretty tall but now much shorter.

18. gpo1956

gpo1956

Jan 4, 2014
    Could not agree more! I just got my Southard this week and I've been thinking all day that a smaller version would probably have me selling all my other knives. I can't imagine needing anything more than a Southard and a mini Southard.

19. CrialJLA

CrialJLA

Dec 17, 2008
    Very nice. This is on my 2014 want list.

20. blame it on god

blame it on god

Feb 21, 2013
    Exactly. I want a domino the size of Manix2 XL!