New for 2019

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by fielder, Dec 24, 2018.

1. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Except that in this case, it's like 50% higher cost because they don't want to wait a few days. That's quite a bit different than waiting for an iPhone at list price.

DocJD likes this.
  2. RAGS

RAGS

Jul 11, 2000
    The AD15 is now showing out of stock on the CS website. (AD10 still in stock). I guess quite a few people were willing to pay full msrp. They sure do look great, but I'm waiting until they hit the dealers!!

3. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    My CC just got pinged at Knife center. My AD15 is in the Que to ship!
    :):thumbsup:

jonnyfgroove and AF like this.
  4. jonnyfgroove

jonnyfgroove

Feb 21, 2008
    Me too! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. RAGS

RAGS

Jul 11, 2000
    Me too!!:D

6. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Just saw the first listings on eBay for both, but they want $203 for the 15 and $180 for the 10

nephron likes this.
  7. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    God bless the early adopters because you help to pay for the development of my new toys ! But I will wait until the price drops to ~ 1/2 list . ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

F22shift, nephron and AF like this.
  8. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    More listings on eBay for the AD10, under $150 now, but AD15 still over $200

9. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    Ad15 incoming. Holding off on the 10 for now......

10. DavidZ

DavidZ Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 30, 2004
    I got my AD 15 yesterday. The build quality is great. Perfect fit and finish. Very pleased. I need to work on my opening technique. It is a bear to open with the thumb studs.

PeteyTwoPointOne and AF like this.
  11. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    I broke down and ordered the 15. I figure I'll be more patient with the 10 since it's not as unique.
    Just speculating, I can imagine that Demko was especially motivated to make sure these knives are issue-free.

12. DShiflet

DShiflet

Jan 25, 2013
    I know some people expressed interest in it, so just a heads up that the Wild West Bowie is showing as in stock at Knifecenter and BladeHQ.

jux t and jbmonkey like this.
  13. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I ordered a 10. I had a custom 15, but though extremely nice, it was not my cup of tea. The custom AD10 I sold has been haunting me ever since, however. Glad to get another.

PeteyTwoPointOne likes this.
  14. MiL

MiL

Dec 17, 2015
    I wonder if the screws breaking/stripping issues was sorted out on these? They messed up with SR1 about a year ago. Mine also had vertical blade play. Apparently the later SR1 tanto version is issue free. I worry about AD10 since it uses more screws than AD15.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2019
    F22shift likes this.
  15. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    I got an SR1 tanto last year. I thought it would be issue-free but I was wrong. It had issues with the screws and fasteners. I wouldn't expect the same with these knives. I opened up a Bush Ranger and it had no issues.

16. MiL

MiL

Dec 17, 2015
    Yep, rotating screw barrels + crap quality screws killed all my joy with SR1 and its sitting in the drawer. Im not getting any of these untill I see a dissasembly video someone does while reviewing.

F22shift and DavidZ like this.
  17. bladesign

bladesign

Feb 15, 2019
    I'm looking at getting the AD10, the blade width looks to be greater on the AD10 compared with the AD15.
    Could someone tell me if the Blade width on the CS AD10 is still greater than the Demko AD10?
    That's the only turn off for me is how wide the blade is, and I like big knives anyway.

18. AF

Jan 14, 2000
    I think the sizing specs are identical because in a recent vid Demko said he sent the CAD files from his customs to the Taiwan manufacturer.

DocJD, jbmonkey and marrenmiller like this.
  19. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Got my 10 today. Best knife I've ever owned for the money, I think. Other than an uneven edge at the tip and the need for the lock to wear in a bit, it appears perfect.

The ergonomics can't be beaten, and the hollow grind is nice and deep. I think the 10 is the superior knife to the 15.

jstn, DavidZ, AF and 1 other person like this.
  20. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Yup nearly <if not perfectly> identical...but I've owned a few custom AD10's <I've even used a couple of em ;):p> and since they are hand ground by Andrew or his bro there were always little variations between the customs. Sometimes there was large, intentional variations in grinds, points, jimping, etc.

The in-hand ergos of the AD10 <when opened> are truly AMAZING. The only knock I have on the model is that the knife takes up considerable real estate in your pocket. The only one I regularly carry now is packed in the back pocket for this reason. Also, it's not the most sexy knife when closed....there is an awful lot of blade sticking up out of the top of the handle making for a very high profile. It's always looked just a little bit ungraceful to me when it's closed. A small thing that has no consequence to cutting ability, I admit. But that tall blade profile does make it a chonkey monkey.

More than once I've fancied sending one off to Leatherman or Condos for a horizontal draw belt sheath. I'd say this would be the optimal way to carry this model <at least for me.>
    [​IMG]

AF likes this.