New for 2019

Discussion in 'Cold Steel Knives' started by fielder, Dec 24, 2018.

1. jlauffer

jlauffer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 11, 2016
    Isn't that basically what the 4-Max is?

2. gardenrambo

gardenrambo

Jan 21, 2014
    The description says the knife features full length aluminum liners

R.G likes this.
  3. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    The 4max was a less made larger model he did through his custom shop. I think they started with this model due to the cold steel fan base liking larger folders.

I missed that. Thanks for the correction.

4. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    Secure Ex C Clips both large and small invented by our very own Mike Sastre.

5. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    You would be correct. It is slightly Blade heavy

AF likes this.
  6. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    Weird, my AD15 isnt blade heavy, if i balance it on my finger at the choil it actually favours the handle by the tiniest bit, most times just balances perfect.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
  7. Mick_1KRR

Mick_1KRR

May 1, 2016
    I think aluminum lines are great on knives. Zero rust even after use with sweaty or wet hands, strong, light, whats not to like. Just like on the voyagers.

SpySmasher and DocJD like this.
  8. LarsAnna

LarsAnna Going to Valhalla Gold Member

Aug 9, 2014
    It''s time for CS to release a 5-Max (or even a 6-Max), still using CPM-20CV.. that I would throw good money at!

F22shift likes this.
  9. toehead

toehead

Jun 1, 2018
    I'd like to see the return of the mini Recon 1. It's much better size for me to EDC than the Recon 1.

BITEME, DocJD, daybd and 1 other person like this.
  10. daybd

daybd

Oct 13, 2006
    You are not alone. But CS never listens to their customers. Otherways 2019 line-up would show us a lot of uncoated folders.And a Code4 with G10 scales. Thats the basic minimum everyone begging for quite a long time. With no result.
    DLC killed Mini Recon Series not the price point (which was Ok to me).

BITEME, Hermit_Knight and argyle1812 like this.
  11. jstrange

jstrange

Mar 31, 2012
    I guess that’s it for 2019?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
  12. jstn

jstn Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 27, 2012
    I've seen a lot of begging for a Cold Steel version of the AD10 and the integration of the Scorpion Lock into their lineup, so it seems they DO listen to their customers some...

gardenrambo and AF like this.
  13. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    The AD-10 looks like a winner.

I'm a huge fan of A2, so I think that's a good move for their large fixed blades.

Outlawed likes this.
  14. gardenrambo

gardenrambo

Jan 21, 2014
    I think so too..... 2019, 2018 and also 2017 line ups offer a lot of uncoated blades...so it seems they listen to their customers. But I understand that people want uncoated versions of the iconic folders (Recon1, Lawman etc.) too. I think another proof CS listens to their customers (reads forums, watches videos) is the addition of handle scales to the Drop Forged Survivalist

Man with no name likes this.
  15. F22shift

F22shift

Mar 1, 2017
    Yes please. Even if they are limited runs. The Max are essentially the super car of the brand which gives it the brand image.
    That brand image trickles down the lineup. They should always have a Max in the pipeline.

16. Man with no name

Man with no name

Jun 24, 2015
    Not to mention the new, dark grey coating on the entire Drop Forged line! Even the Hunter, which had a black powder coat originally, has the new dark grey teflon finish. Plus the addition of the DF Battle Ring, wow! Keep 'em coming Cold Steel!!!

DocJD likes this.
  17. jonnyfgroove

jonnyfgroove

Feb 21, 2008

Wow, the interview part is so cool. I appreciate my tri-ad knives even more now. AD is the freakin man.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    The Whip, insta9ves and DocJD like this.
  18. DocJD

DocJD

Jan 29, 2016
    AD is definitely my favorite lock and knife designer and always comes across as a really down to Earth , practical guy . Cares about making great , affordable knives , that really work well and are strong . :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jonnyfgroove likes this.
  19. AF

AF Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Nice vid. I like that the AD10 is hollow ground. 3D machined scales.

20. gardenrambo

gardenrambo

Jan 21, 2014
    Both knives look great

DocJD likes this.