1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

New format or a glitch in the Feedback score that's displayed?

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by benchwarmer380, Aug 12, 2019.

1. benchwarmer380

benchwarmer380 Valyrian Member Platinum Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Good day!

@Spark
    As long as I've been a member here and, to my knowledge, even after the forums switched over, the Feedback score that is displayed under your name in the Exchange is the total of unique feedback received. For those unaware of what I mean is that every person that leaves you feedback adds to your score yet people that have left you multiple positives only count the first one.

I noticed today that we are now showing all the positives earned instead of the unique positives.
    For example, when looking at my posts in the Exchange, I now show a score of 100% with 35 in the positive column. As of today, I should show 33 as a couple of folks have left me positive twice.

Is this a glitch or just a new format?

2. Dadpool

Dadpool Gold Member Gold Member

May 18, 2015
    Huh, mine too -- this definitely wasn't the case last time I looked. I'm curious about this too, but seeing the total-total rather than the unique total does seem cool. :thumbsup:

3. benchwarmer380

Sep 17, 2012
    I do agree in that it can do a better job of showing your overall level of activity and amount of positive transactions on the Exchange.

My concern is that it would be easier for someone to artificially inflate their numbers for whatever reason.

4. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    I haven't changed things, so I'm not sure what's happening.

Dadpool likes this.
  5. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    It seems to be listing all positives/negatives/neutrals on posts. I don't remember what it was doing before, but clicking on those numbers will take one to the trading profile that still shows the score as unique feedback.

6. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    Sometime between Jun.27th and now it has changed. On Jun. 27th someone asked why they were not getting full credit . This is why I never trust computers. It is all part of their take over :) it starts with little changes and before you know it they are in control.

7. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    AFAIK It's always listed all the pos / neg / neut on posts in the exchange forums

8. benchwarmer380

Sep 17, 2012
    That is so.

I don't know if neutral and negatives were counted towards the total in the same fashion as positives (unique only) or counted all towards the total. Although I hope the latter, it probably didn't matter that much as the chances of experiencing multiple neutral or negatives from the same person was probably close to nil anyhow.