1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

New Polish Flint for knife scales - Finally after 5 year search

Discussion in 'Art In Stone' started by Redrummd, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Redrummd

Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    I have been searching for Polish Flint that was not too fractured for knife scales and I FINALLY have been able to get a batch of slabs from a nearly flawless nodule. I thought I would share a few pictures of these wonderful stone slabs!

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

007.jpg

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  2. hohenstreetroa

hohenstreetroa

May 22, 2010
    Gorgeous stone, Mike!

3. hohenstreetroa

hohenstreetroa

May 22, 2010
    Happy New Year! May this year bring the best and many more gorgeous Art in Stone knives!

4. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Super rare material and the coolest stuff around, nice score!

5. Redrummd

Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    I have roughed out four knife scale sets with 3 being for Buck 110's and the last for a Case Mini Trapper. I really do like the patterns that this stone has!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  6. testdw

testdw

Feb 3, 2011
    Wow!!!!! Michael

The 4 scale sets have truly Exotic patterns and look like they took a great polish. I look forward to the finished knives. Your 5 year search for this stone has certainly paid good dividends. Congratulation on your outstanding artwork.

Dennis

7. orca8589

orca8589

Jan 27, 2007
    . . . I have GOT to buy one of your knives. No more delays. These pieces are amazing.

I'm starting a major health program in two weeks, and by the time I finish in May, things will be radically different for me and the family.

I'll be buying a knife to 'celebrate'. I'll email you then. :thumbup:

~Chris

8. dgedra

dgedra

Jan 10, 2010
    Wow - hard to believe that this is flint; it looks nothing like the flint I'm familiar from Ohio... The stunning patterns, high gloss and closely matched scales will result in some drop-dead gorgeous pieces under Michael's watchful eye and honed skills... Can't wait to see these. Thanks for sharing.
    Dave

9. Daniel Fairly Knives

Daniel Fairly Knives Full Time Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 9, 2011
    Those scales came out great, I really like that material! Awesome finishing, super glossy!

10. Redrummd

Redrummd

May 21, 2007
    I finally finished four knives with the Polish Flint and it really is a WOW stone. It takes a mirror polish and the stone is just flawless. Not a pit, vug or any sort of soft spot in any slab I used. I am really excited about this stone especially since I have been told it is mostly mined out.

Attached Files:

11. hohenstreetroa

hohenstreetroa

May 22, 2010
    I want 2012_01220141.jpg!

12. dgedra

dgedra

Jan 10, 2010
    Absolutely amazing - congratulations on yet another batch of drop dead gorgeous knives !!!

Dave

13. testdw

testdw

Feb 3, 2011
    Michael,

You never cease to amaze me with your talent to find and artfully create Premium and Unusually Rare stones. I will commit to purchasing the knife in the 4th photo.

Dennis