1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

New Sebenza 31

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by BJJKK, Jun 14, 2020.

1. BJJKK

BJJKK

Apr 11, 2020
    Hello all, I was looking at buying a Sebenza 31, but have heard of issues with the lockup of the blade or blade play. Can someone explain what the problem with the new 31 is. Would I be better off buying a 21 while I still can?

2. Boru13

Boru13 Super Moderator Staff Member Super Mod Moderator

Apr 25, 2000
  3. BJJKK

BJJKK

Apr 11, 2020
    Thank you for the link, I appreciate it.

4. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Yes, get a 21 now. The 31's will be around a lot longer.
    You'd probably be better off getting two. :cool: The CRK exchange here has some decent pics for reasonable prices, a good place to look.

5. Peter Hartwig

Peter Hartwig Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 29, 2008
    ^^^I agree get the 21 while you can, and the 31 latter. It will give you a chance to see why many favor the 21 and what it is all about. In the end you can choose which you like the best. This will cost you a bit more up front money, but should give you a better result. If you decide to sell one, it shouldn't be a big problem to find a new owner on the exchange. Most likely both knives will have their fans.

353 likes this.
  6. JAB

JAB Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 13, 2005
    I was actually on the hunt for another Mnandi but since they’re still in production I figured it can wait and instead I’m grabbing the 21s I want now. Same goes for 31s and Inkosis.

That said, if you find a 31 you want instead I see no reason not to jump on it (I’ve been tempted by some nice examples on the Exchange)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2020
  7. XL883N

XL883N

Apr 12, 2020
    I bought 2 31s that were made in May and neither have that lock issue.

8. AKWILD

AKWILD Christi crux est mea lux Platinum Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Buy what sings to you

JAB likes this.
  9. BJJKK

BJJKK

Apr 11, 2020
    Thank you for the replies, I ended up buying a carbon fiber sebenza 21 from knife art. I may get a 31 sometime down the road, but the lock rock others have had on their 31 (I read the thread posted, yes it took awhile) has put me off a 31, for now.

Thanks again