New to BF... UBR Commander vs. Super Roadhouse

Discussion in 'Emerson Knives' started by falz24, Apr 8, 2014.

1. falz24

falz24

Nov 14, 2012
    Hey guys,

New to the forum here and wanted to ask some questions on these two. Have several small and medium folders and looking to get one of these two big boys because they are so sexy!! Would love to get some input from those of you who have experience with these designs and especially from those who have experience with the "UBR" Commander and "Super" Roadhouse.

Specifically:
    1. I am wondering if the UBR is noticeably larger in the pocket while closed. The UBR has a 4.4 blade and the SR has a 4.2 so very similar blade length. But is the UBR going to be considerably more bulky in the pocket? Is the UBR worth the bulk when there is only a slight increase in blade length?

2. Does the re-curve in the UBR make it more difficult to sharpen by hand than the tanto design??

3. Anything else I should know or consider about these designs??

Thanks!!

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. SOC_MRN_Leon

SOC_MRN_Leon

Mar 9, 2012
    I think the UBR exists if you want to have an overkill for a knife. That being said, I would LOVE to own one lol. But the recurve kind of scares me. It is a tad bit harder to sharpen than a regular edge. I've owned a roadhouse and was pretty easy to sharpen but make sure not to round off the heel where the tanto meets the plain edge. That's just one thing you have to watch out for. It'd probably be better to compare it with the Super Commander than the UBR.

Personally, I'd go Super Roadhouse. UBR is cool but i cant justify the price tag on it with some other options out there. Just my .02.

3. ibute21

ibute21 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 26, 2010
    The UBR is a monster...look up comparisons between it and the super commander to get an idea. I say super desert roadhouse.