New wildmanh Sheath

Discussion in 'H.I. Cantina' started by jeremy1517, Nov 19, 2013.

1. jeremy1517

jeremy1517 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2012
    I received my new sheath for my CAK today from Herber "wildmanh". I wasn't a big fan of the original sheath, emailed Herber, told him what I was thinking and let him run with it. Herber is an awesome guy and has excellent service and craftsmanship. The sheath is perfect for what I wanted! Can't go wrong with wildmanh!

IMG_8091_med.jpg IMG_8092_med.jpg

2. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Heber does top notch work for sure. I got one for my Fiddleback Woodsman from him a year or so back...just fantastic.

On top of that, he's a hellova good guy:)

3. roninsgrips

roninsgrips

Nov 19, 2011
    That really looks sweet!

4. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Very nice, enjoy it looks like it will last forever.

5. Slugger

Slugger

Jul 13, 2007
    Looks to be built like a tank

6. MacHete

MacHete Hair Cropper & Chipmunk Wrangler

Apr 7, 2000
    If I may ask, what kind of turn-around time?

7. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    Hey Mac! Good to see ya around:)
    I can't speak for Heber's schedule, but he knocked my Woodsman sheath out in about a week or so. I think it might depend on if you need to send him the knife or not. He had the dimensions of the Woodsman already when he made mine.

8. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    I'm popping this over to the cantina since its not directly about HI.
    I also want to point that we have a LOT of great leather craftsmen friends on BFC. I know Pugs does awesome work as well and is a very stand up guy:)

My only first hand experience with any leatherbender (beyond my own UGLY work) is with Heber simply because we've been friends for over a decade and he offered to do it for a price I couldn't refuse. I would feel comfortable and happy getting work done by any of our listed BFC craftsmen:)

9. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    His work is obviously top notch, the pictures I've seen show nothing but quality.
    I can also attest to Pugs quality, he's made a couple for me and they couldn't be better. The little Beaver Tail sheath he made for my small belt knife nearly made me cry it's so beautiful. If I wasn't so manly I would have bawled my eyes out.

I agree we have a few top notch craftsman around here.

10. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    How come I never put 2 and 2 together and figured out you was a Mod Steely, guess I should have known.

Good thing I ain't done nothing to rile you lately. I try to be a good boy some of the time.

11. bargs

bargs

Jun 26, 2010
    very nice sheath..been dabblin in the leatherwork a little bit.a few sheaths and a revolver holster,reused the leather from two motorcycle saddlebags,razor bladed all the stitches to separate the leather,lots of leather when I got done.

12. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Thanks for the compliments!

Turn around was about 4 to 6 weeks?

The Main body was cut from 8-9 ounce oak tooling leather. The loops were 8-10oz Brown saddle skirting. The Dangler loop was over a year old. A Dangler loop I made for someone that ended up being to short for their sheath, but perfect for this one. The two 1" loops for the 1" D-rings and the two layered welt were cut from strips left over from previous projects. AS long as the piece of leather doesn't have flaws in it and is still big enough for some possible use, I keep it. And with this sheath and a few others recently, I'm so glad that I have years worth of scraps. :) If he had asked about a sheath like this for a 20" Khukri, I'd have had to of passed. have not had anything that long in many months.

FWI, can't do any Khukri/AK Bowie/Sword sheaths till at least the new year. Don't have any pieces long enough any more. Those were my last few medium pieces.

Even the scraps from this hide got put to use. Mainly for practicing something.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  13. greenwoods

greenwoods

Sep 2, 2006
    Top stitch! I love Hebers work. Looks really fine.

Mark

14. ndoghouse

ndoghouse

Aug 26, 2010
    Very cool sheath! D rings look great and open back is very nicely done! You and Pugs got us all covered! Great job!

15. Steely_Gunz

May 9, 2002
    Eh, I'm not really a mod. I'm just a guy that's been around long enough to help bridge the gap between some of the old hands that have moved on and the newer guys who might have a few questions.

Truth be told, you guys makes it a very easy job. I don't think their is another forum with such a group of class act guys and gals. Yangdu, Howard, Karda, and myself are very grateful and appreciate y'all so much:)

16. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Howards a mod too? I didn't know that either. Maybe I knew and forgot? That's it, I'm gonna start watching my P's and Q's around here and behave myself.
    I do totally agree, we got a lot of first class act guys and gals around here.

17. verpra

verpra

Jul 30, 2013
    This is a great forum. Hopefully one or two bad fish will not ruin it for us all...