New ZT?

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Mountain Elite NW°, Nov 9, 2018.

1. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    I like bearings! dammit I just upgraded to collecting knives with only bearings. Is this love for reverting back to washers a NEW THING and nobody told me:eek: Not sure how I feel about the thumb disk yet

2. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    I would be happy if some day ZT came to offer its version of the A100

benchwarmer380 and Quiet like this.
  3. marrenmiller

marrenmiller Basic Member Basic Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Therom likes this.
  4. BMCGear

BMCGear Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 4, 2014
    Yea, I don't think this knife is for me. Cool to see that they are releasing something other than a flipper. For the ones that called it - Good Job! I thought we'd be seeing the Firetac. :)

jstn and tony281sc2 like this.
  5. Popsickle

Popsickle

Jul 25, 2010
    Love my sheepdog micarta

6. tony281sc2

tony281sc2

Feb 13, 2017
    Between the yellow carbon fiber and the lack of a flipper (most likely?), it makes the 0470 look pretty good, and I think that will be my next knife.

7. JuJu-

JuJu- Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 7, 2011
    I think this is as close as we'll get to a zt a-100 sadly. Is it just me or does the CF look more like green than yellow?

I personally like everything I've read about it so far and think it's going to be my next purchase!! Love my other zt emerson collabs and if this is anything at all like those itll be damn awesome!

Cheers,

Justin

Tommy-Chi, Rival1314 and Night Rider like this.
  8. Arnikusz

Arnikusz

May 13, 2015
    Instagram out a little video min. 3.75 inch blade seem to be.

Quiet likes this.
  9. wire edge

wire edge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 6, 2001
    I wonder if there’s a front flipper? It kind of looks that way in the video.

10. Arnikusz

Arnikusz

May 13, 2015
    Don't open front flipper mode, but it may be don't work front flipper mode and no ball bearings.

11. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Looks like I'll be buying it. Then, I'm going to send it to one of the guys on the Emerson FB group who does (amazing) work on them to get that scale changed to something else.

12. Gideons

Gideons Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 9, 2015
    The ZT 0640 is a linerlock, thumbdisk only and has MSRP is $310. Here is ZT's video on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKZk5EBtsU/ and the full specs will be released later this morning on their website.

The guy used the thumbdisk in the video, and in the comments ZT confirmed the knife is thumbdisk opening only.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2018
    Lapedog likes this.
  13. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    An Emerson without a wave?

Cool I guess but this went from definitely if it had a wave to a huge meh....mehhhby.

14. DJC72

DJC72 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I like the looks of it. Not sure if I like this Zt that much to spend around $250 but time will tell.

I loved the Instagram vid. Who would have though a knife could complete all those tasks, truly amazing. You can cut an apple with a knife?!

Lapedog likes this.
  15. Quiet

Quiet "That guy" Platinum Member

Oct 11, 2013
    I'll say that that video made that knife look dull as all hell. I'll definitely have to do some work on the edge when it shows up if mine has trouble cutting fishing line or apples with that much pressure. LOL

Lapedog and DJC72 like this.
  16. KAEDC

KAEDC Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I like this one, but I'm not sure I like it enough as is, it seems very similar to my Firetac, and the color choice is pretty bad IMO...I'll probably bide my time till they do a sprint version.

17. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    Were they out of regular black CF?

Stang Bladeworks, Mo2 and 115Italian like this.
  18. FSUwelder1212

FSUwelder1212

Feb 12, 2018
    I like the design, even though I typically dislike thumbdisks, but that yellow CF is terrible. I’m not gonna spend $250 on a knife I’ll have to spend more on to mod to make acceptable. What were they thinking with the yellow.

19. Colorodo

Colorodo Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2014
    The description on ZTs site states the the CF is green.

JuJu- likes this.
  20. Nautique

Nautique

May 15, 2016
    Urine green.

Mo2 and 115Italian like this.