Nick Shabazz goes over the 100k YouTube subscriber mark

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by JDRanger, Apr 1, 2020.

1. RoyalHolic

RoyalHolic

Aug 3, 2019
    Always enjoyed his videos, great puns and his terrible reviews are fun to watch. :eek: the crap people send him lol.

I like most of the YouTubers, birdshot and paddy to name a couple.

2. sabre cat

sabre cat Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 4, 2014
    He is one of the few that I watch.

There are only about two or three that I really pay any attention to.

3. UmnumMAN

UmnumMAN

Mar 21, 2020
    Who are the others

sabre cat likes this.
  4. josiahg52

josiahg52 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Oct 5, 2012
    I like TheApostleP. Let's you see the knives. He gripes but you can decide whether those gripes will be a problem or concern for you. Doctor Frunkey also.

sabre cat and JDRanger like this.
  5. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I don’t watch any of them much any more but probably the next two in line are The Apostle P and
    BirdShot lV. Not necessarily in that order. Cedric & Ada would be next.

Not really sure who would be next maybe Gideons tactical. Maybe.

I would say that I have watched Nick more than probably all the others combined. Like I said before, I don’t do it much. So little in fact, I had to go in and look it up in my YouTube subscription.

I’m pretty happy with the knives I have now and I have a very good idea as to what I want in the future if any. So, I don’t see much of a need to watch knife reviews on YouTube.

Maybe I’ll watch them again because I’m stuck at home. When is the world going back to normal? I want to leave my house.

6. 000Robert

000Robert Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Mar 28, 2020
    I am a relatively new subscriber to his channel. He seems pretty cool to me. I like seeing the insides of knives without having to buy them all myself, which I could not afford to do.

JDRanger likes this.
  7. UmnumMAN

UmnumMAN

Mar 21, 2020
    Yeah apostle got some good videos. His hands dont spaz out and he slowwwlly shows you all angles of the knife, which I appreciate

The funky guy I'm positive Ive watched some of his stuff too at one point

8. UmnumMAN

UmnumMAN

Mar 21, 2020
    Thats a real plus with nick shabazz is the disassembly videos that come after most of his reviews

000Robert likes this.
  9. johnnytoxin

johnnytoxin Gold Member Gold Member

May 24, 2010
    I disagree with him 90% of the time but he is entertaining so...subscribed.

Korean Hog, Pomsbz and UmnumMAN like this.
  10. UmnumMAN

UmnumMAN

Mar 21, 2020
    How about that "nutnfancy" guy? I've only seen a couple videos, and it seemed fine, but I've read some kinda nasty comments about him

11. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I think you're a bit off there. Considering he owns those knives, murdery isnt really used in a negative way. And i guarantee you'd find a large amount of people thatll tell you the Delica is the gold standard of knives. Hell i dont even really care for it but i understand why its so popular.

I enjoy his reviews a good bit. Much better than some of the tactical knife bros (CoughNUTNFANCYcough). He seems to have been branching out to more obscure knives lately too, which i can appreciate. Congrats Nick!

12. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    My problem is that my “like to have” lists has expanded thanks to Nick. If I was new to the hobby he would be very dangerous to watch.

Fortunately, I am pretty happy with what I now own. My “grail list” is very short.

I don’t always agree with Nick but, I do appreciate how critical he can be at times. And I love how he will use a picture of a knife in a review if he does not have it available any longer.

He really was a big help a couple of years ago when my back was messed up. All I could do is take pain pills and stay in bed. I would drift in and out of sleep while I listened to his reviews. Imagine hearing his voice when you first wake up and when you drift off into a drugged sleep. This went on for days. No wonder my wife says I am weird.

WValtakis, Rykjeklut and fonedork like this.
  13. sabre cat

Jul 4, 2014
    I guess he’s alright but I don’t understand why he has such a huge following.

UmnumMAN likes this.
  14. N4SIR

N4SIR Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 22, 2008
    I don't really see the need for anyone to defend Nick
    It's my opinion. I would consider the pm2 to be the gold standard over a delica and he doesn't own many of the knives he reviews if you watched his videos. Just seems silly to be defending a you tube personality.. I won't even mention your nutnfancy comnents

15. co556guy

co556guy

Dec 13, 2011
    He's fine. I like that he does some funny stuff, etc.

I don't agree with him on some of his points about larger knives....I edc a zt452, which I love everything about. He says its "murdery" but its such a fun flipper and I like larger blades.

But otherwise, he knows his stuff, gets a lot of knives.

Birdshot is another that I tend to enjoy.

I watch them both on mute with subtitles, so their voices dont bother me, lol

16. elde66

elde66 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 22, 2019
    First YouTuber I found once I needed assistance disassembling a malfunctioning ZT. Fast forward 3 years and I've somehow added another 74 knives to the collection.....most as a result of a Shabazz review. But his disassembly videos are of greatest help/interest to me.

Rykjeklut likes this.
  17. Bellasdaddy

Bellasdaddy

Oct 19, 2008
    I didnt know who NS is until this thread. I watched a video about a bunch of TSA knives he bought on Ebay and I thought it was humorous. He was sort of making fun of whoever it was that would have been carrying the knife that would have been confiscated by the TSA in the first place...

18. DangerZone98

DangerZone98

Dec 7, 2019
    You should check out Advanced Knife Bro’s channel. Legendary knife reviewer.

19. Blue Sky

Blue Sky Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 16, 2002
    Never watched any of his videos. If I’m looking for opinions about a knife I come here. If he’s doing dis-assembly videos, that sounds interesting but I'd probably watch with the sound off.

20. kniferbro

kniferbro Basic Member Basic Member

Jan 22, 2011
    I'm not a fan of him per se, but I am fan of the utility of a lot of his videos. If I want to see the insides of a popular knife, chances are Nick has a disassembly video.

UmnumMAN likes this.