1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

No Idea “Really”?

Discussion in 'Buck Knives' started by David Nowlin, Jan 1, 2019.

1. David Nowlin

David Nowlin Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 17, 2018
    As collectors we all are different. Some are casually hobbiest some seriously insane collectors! I like to think i fall somewhere in between. But i actually ran into a guy at work that when i asked him what he was carrying he had to look? The expresion was “ a knife” and when he showed it to me it was a 110 but in a brown Case or schrade sheath.
    Made me realize some people don’t collect and just have one maybe two knives and just use it when they need it having no pride or passion just cut something and put it away till next time. Who are these boring people i just can’t imagine?

sassafrassdogs3 and Aryan29 like this.
  2. marchone

marchone Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 13, 2013
    It's not only knives. I once worked for a guy who had an Omega Seamaster GMT. One day I casually asked him what time zone he kept the second hand on. He responded by saying his GF gave him the watch and he never knew what that hand was for.

sassafrassdogs3 and abbydaddy like this.
  3. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Your watch anology reminded me of this story that happened this year. Had a guy running a landscaping business out of a Porche Cayenne SUV. Loading bags of mulch and top soil and plants using no plastic or tarps so the inside was trashed?
    Then people want the plastic to cover the trunk carpet or back seats in their old Nissans or Hondas?

4. fatboy148

fatboy148

Oct 3, 2007
    Most likely not your case BUT... Some folks choose from many and they may not remember which one they picked up in the morning! If I was asked... I may or may not have to cheat and feel in my pocket for the the shape or the lanyard to remember what I have on a given day.

sassafrassdogs3 and OLd_gUY like this.
  5. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    True. I do wear what tickles my fancy most days. I want to wear my Kalinga today but at work might be a bit too much so I’m thinking instead ofone of my 112’s ( FG, LT, Slim) i’m gonna stick with my original feelings and modify the large heavy to the ••110••FG.
    Yea that should do nicely! :) ;)

6. Mike Kerins

Mike Kerins Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 14, 2004
    I carry the same knife most days, but mix it up once in awhile just for giggles.

7. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Basic Member Basic Member

Feb 11, 2016
    As many people as there are who know nothing about their knife, there just as many if not more who simply know their knife by brand.
    It's a " Buck knife ", a " Gerber " , or a " Case knife ", sometimes it's none and just a cheapo but mostly they just don't know enough to know what model it is.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
  8. DDDWho

DDDWho

Aug 21, 2015
    My SnL carries one of these. He's a hard working man maintaining automatic doors around SW Missouri. I think its the only knife he owns. You can always see the clip hanging out of his pocket. He buys replacement blades at Harbor Freight by the 100 pack. When asked about it he just replies "its all I need". I love the man, mostly for marrying my Daughter, he's a good Dad to my Grandsons and I find his knife needs refreshing.

[​IMG]

9. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Inlike a kife that will do most everything including self defense. Guess you could stick that in a bad guys eye or slash a jugular

10. brownshoe

brownshoe I support this site with my MIND

Sep 6, 2002
    Least he doesn't have to sharpen it :) plus as a SnL you know he's practical & knows value...like your little girl :)!

DDDWho and sassafrassdogs3 like this.
  11. David Nowlin

Jan 17, 2018
    Isnt that a box cutter? Utility knife?

sassafrassdogs3 likes this.
  12. sassafrassdogs3

sassafrassdogs3 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 21, 2016
    Yup, just fancier...