No Vacation! Starring Snark W. Griswold

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by The Warrior, Mar 21, 2020.

1. The Warrior

The Warrior Insane Viking Moderator

Mar 11, 2011
    Let the games begin!

2. DunkEm

DunkEm Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 9, 2013
    2021 here we come!

3. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Look kids; big snark, parliament. :thumbsup:

4. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    In on one!

I have no snarky picture at the moment, so this will have to do. I hope you all are enjoying your evening.

[​IMG]

tanglediver, Aikiguy, GeofS and 5 others like this.
  5. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    Good clear photo as always brudda. Can't say I'm enjoying this shutdown really. Honestly, I'm doing what I normally do, be online, haha. Just the idea of it.

6. Pàdruig

Pàdruig Live and Let Die Platinum Member

Dec 1, 2016
    It's definitely for the birds, my friend. I'm fortunate in that I already work from home but the wife and kids are stuck with me now - I miss my daily solitude.

I'm just hoping we all can bounce right back after it all blows over.

JJ_Colt45, 91bravo and MolokaiRider like this.
  7. The Warrior

Mar 11, 2011
    I just can't help but to think that something is fishy with this whole thing.

8. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    Enjoy the time you have with the people you care about.

Very quiet around here too. Everything’s pretty much closed. No cars, nobody walking around.

Watched 1917 last night. Great movie. Roasted some deer ribs and had with crock pot beans. Worked on the farm, did a bit of weed whacking. Debating if we go to Church tomorrow.

Hold Fast BeckerHeads!

24A4684D-8588-4E26-86FE-6A33DA63C2FB.jpeg

tanglediver, GeofS, Pàdruig and 3 others like this.
  9. MolokaiRider

MolokaiRider Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 13, 2017
    I do too. Gut tells me the end game is to collapse the dollar...

Crazy times.

JJ_Colt45, 91bravo and The Warrior like this.
  10. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    so proud to be on both page 50 of the old snark, and page one of the new!

No fish.

11. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    a bright shiney new page to draw on ... just because many are stuck at home ... I'll share my crayons ...

12. 91bravo

91bravo Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2008
    In on one, what's up my Beckerheads!

Yes, you can't help but wonder if something bigger is really going on. A little piece of information that we are not privy to. Never in my life, nor in my parents' life, have we experienced anything like this. I find myself carrying everywhere I go nowadays, these are some strange times.

Yall keep hanging in there, stay prepared and always have a plan B. I like to live by the 6P Philosphy: Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Hope all of yall are well!

13. JJ_Colt45

JJ_Colt45 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2014
    I have done the same even just around our sleepy little town. I can tell most folks are scared and that is a recipe for the unexpected. People are buying not only TP but guns and ammo like I've never seen before. Not sure if someone knows more than us or if they are scared from not knowing. But it is definitely time to stay vigilante and look out for one another.

That old saying "may you live in interesting times" ... well maybe I'm getting old but I'll take boring I think.

14. daizee

daizee KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 30, 2009
    Yeah, something bigger is going on. A pandemic. :rolleyes:

Statistically this virus infects men more often than women (even corrected for smoking rates), and kills men in a higher percentage of those infected too. Which I bother to mention because I suspect us dudes tend to be cavalier about this stuff.

I'd been thinking about getting my handloading running again anyway, and looks like just in time. I bought the last two bricks of pistol primers in town last week, and Bill was doing quite a bit of business in firearms and ammo. Nobody was buy rods, bait, or archery gear when I was in the shop.

Fortunately the ranges at the club are all outside and pretty much "social distancing". The club has cancelled all events, and made a limited-number-of-shooters rule. Usually the place is pretty quiet anyway, and people space out regardless because booms.

tanglediver and Aikiguy like this.
  15. 1066vik

1066vik Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 28, 2009
    in on day 1!
    IF at some point I get sent home while still healthy, I have several days' worth of outside projects to keep myself busy.
    IF I somehow get all those done while still healthy, then I'm going to start forging a falchion until I run out of propane.

16. Bigfattyt

Bigfattyt Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 23, 2007
    No church here. Mine decided to suspend meetings and activities for a while.

My work is still going. Kids home. Wife has to go back to work on Monday, as do I.

I did some work on my car with my brother (he is a neighbor). Replaced the rear rotors and brake pads. Then had to fix my parking brake. Rotated my tires by hand. (No lift).

Then, I went and checked on my folks accross town.

tanglediver and The Warrior like this.
  17. GeofS

GeofS “Nostra-bladus” Platinum Member

Mar 9, 2018
    What model is that. Looks amazing! :thumbsup:

18. Aikiguy

Aikiguy

Aug 28, 2013
    Git yer fax atta here! No ‘un wants ta hear dat!

Sorry guys, but a worldwide pandemic is just that. Shitty for everyone. If you think the US is gonna take a hit, remember everyone else is in the same damn boat. Be safe y’all.

19. ac700wildcat

ac700wildcat

May 24, 2011
    Ibtl!! Orrrr wait......I think I did that wrong. Been a while I guess.

tanglediver and daizee like this.
  20. TheTourist

TheTourist Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 23, 2019
    I believe there is always something "bigger" coming. However, we shouldn't gird our loins for all the times of panic, rather we should make 'practical habits' a way of life. I do not leave my home without a folder (or two), my licensed CCW and a speed-loader. In fact, I just tossed a folder next to the computer out of habit--and that's the point.

Sure, you might get castigated for paranoia, that is until circumstances deviate. I always secrete a few singles for "coffee on the road." Oh, I might be delayed somewhere, but at least we can be civil. Carry your CCW and a good, solid folder. What could it hurt?