1. Our COVID-19 response can be found here

Notice!! A Black Jack!!

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Âchillepattada

Âchillepattada Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

May 17, 2012
    Mmmm its polished shield ..... it's really a hell to get a good pic without having my face in the middle of the knife o_O
    But the knife is really beautifull :D

Â

scrteened porch, cbr1000 and pmek5 like this.
  2. Enactive

Enactive

Nov 30, 2018
    All the photos are great. I agree it's gorgeous but so shiny that it's challenging to photograph.

3. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Scanning is only slightly easier!!:rolleyes:

knowtracks likes this.
  4. Enactive

Enactive

Nov 30, 2018
    Ha! Right. The best solution is to have one in hand to enjoy. I really appreciate the all steel and nickel silver construction. Thanks again, Charlie for such a beauty!

waynorth likes this.
  5. SnackPack

SnackPack

Nov 21, 2019
    Holy smokes, that’s quite the markup on those dropped today

Jsega51 likes this.
  6. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Thanks, Enactive!!:thumbsup:

7. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    @SnackPack we are not supposed to discuss the purchasing procedure on this forum; let alone I disagree!!

knowtracks and SnackPack like this.
  8. knowtracks

knowtracks Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Can't wait to try out the single blader! :D

Dave

9. jsdistin

jsdistin KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 27, 2016
    Post some pics when you get it. That was one I wasn’t expecting to see. How will anyone remember to oil the joints?

waynorth, mrknife, tmd_87 and 2 others like this.
  10. traumkommode

traumkommode

Dec 3, 2015
    :D

waynorth and knowtracks like this.
  11. waynorth

Nov 19, 2005
    Just to keep the record complete, Bill put 20 Black Jacks together for me without the pen blade!:oops: 12 of them are 1st grade, and 8 were marked with an "S" meaning they are "Store" quality - Bill doesn't like to call them seconds, and I could find little or nothing wrong with them! I sent some randomly to a couple of dealers, and saved some for my local club!! It happened in a flurry, and I apologize for not having any available!:eek: I sent one to Knowtracks (Dave) who has one of every knife I ever produced, and I kept one "S" for myself, and they are gone!!
    Now how am I going to remember to "Oil the Joints"??:rolleyes:

redsparrow, Matt_WY, L.H.S and 14 others like this.
  12. knowtracks

Jan 16, 2006
    Tie a string around your middle finger :D
    Either that or I will call you once a month ;)

Dave

13. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    Oiling the joints?! It must be a massive endeavor for folks with tremendous collections. Probably need a whole day to oil and coonfinger all those knives!

knowtracks, HEMI 49 and waynorth like this.
  14. Mike Robuck

Mike Robuck

Oct 11, 2001
    Congrats on scoring a single blade, Dave. That would be a great carry knife. If they ever do a run of those I'm in.

waynorth, knowtracks and mrknife like this.
  15. knowtracks

Jan 16, 2006
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Dave

L.H.S, mrknife and waynorth like this.
  16. SnackPack

SnackPack

Nov 21, 2019
    What's the best pocket slip on the 86 frame? Is anyone carrying in something other than a GEC slip? I keep having the thing turning sideways on me in my pockets. I wear dress pants every day, so slips make it much more manageable and I was hoping there would be some good recommendations for this frame.

17. JTB_5

JTB_5 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 6, 2017
    The only in-pocket slip mine fits in is a Knives Ship Free large buffalo leather. I have a belt sheath from Collector Knives that it fits in as well that I've used.

18. KellyGlanzer

KellyGlanzer Gold Member Gold Member

May 4, 2005
    :thumbsup: Sweet :):):) , o_O can we see pics? :D:D

knowtracks likes this.
  19. mrknife

mrknife Gold Member Gold Member

May 9, 2010
    Feast your eyes gentlemen, theres the prize of the bunch! they are magnificent! no pesky secondary blade :p:p:p:D quickly coonfingered and put away as the lunar new year preparations pend :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
  20. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Nice score Jack my friend!

Charlie - I’m glad you got a single to Dave - to have every single knife that has been released by you is astonishing and I myself would sacrifice any knife to ensure Dave fills a gap there - remarkable effort - an effort I set out to achieve long ago but realised I was late to the station and couldn’t do it- in saying that I am extremely proud of what I have- seeing these Black Jack knives makes my mouth water as mine is sitting waiting for Daddy with Barry’s release as well at Mr Hilborn’s place. :eek: :eek: :eek: