1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Official "Return of the YCS" thread - updates posted here

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Daniel Koster, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Yvsa

Yvsa

May 18, 1999
    I designed the YCS's spine from off the Malla.;) Personally I prefer a rounded spine but kept the design true to a proven older khukuri.:D
    I have rounded the spine on both of my Foxy Folly's. A curved spine is a lot easier on the hands when using the blade as a draw knife or for other similar work.:cool:

2. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 13, 2000
    BTTT from the depths, WAITING as fast as I can. :D
    Soon I hope. :eek: ;)

3. hollowdweller

hollowdweller

Sep 22, 2003
    Amen Arch!

However I'd rather they take their time and make sure they get them well made than rush to get them to us.

4. ArchAngel

ArchAngel Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 13, 2000
    HD,
    You are totally correct. I want to get a perfect example in horn or antler and the wait will be worth it if it is like the other ones that came in with nice slab handles with all the nice inlays and all! :cool:

5. Jebadiah_Smith

Jebadiah_Smith

Jul 28, 2004
    whoops wrong thread :eek: