1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.
  3. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  4. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

ok folks, the impossible actually exists!

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by eafisher, Oct 19, 2013.

1. eafisher

eafisher Banned BANNED

Feb 4, 2013
    Howdy y'all I'm in a fantastic mood. Alright about a month ago I met somebody on the forums Here in the exchange. I had a knife up for trade, I get an email from this person who I won't name for obvious reasons inquiring about said knife. After numerous emails we came to an agreement. He was extremely generous and gave me a sebenza in trade (in my opinion he completely hooked me up). We keep in contact via email just B.S.ing because him and I have alot in common, he told me he was gonna help me out from a recent loss (all my knives were recently stolen from a robbery). 3 days later the mail shows up and what's inside? About ten knives that he sent for FREE! (Aces in my book!) So again, I graciously thank him and again we stay in contact just small talk, basic how are you and yada yada yada. Well I get another email from this guy saying that again he wants to do something nice and again there's a package in the mail for me, well today I get the mail and what's Inside? A small regular sebenza! I can't believe my eyes! I litteraly thought I was dreaming! Had to sit in my car for a few minutes to gather my thoughts. It is absolutely amazing to me that there are genuine, nice, extremely nice people out there that do things for others out of the kindness of their heart. I wish I could name this person because they deserve to have recognition but out of respect I won't do so. This fourum Has done wonders for me and hopefully sooner than later I will pay it forward and have a nice giveaway to someone in need of a smile on their face because without bladeforums I would not have met this awesome person. Thanks for taking the time to read my little story and feel free to share any similar stories you might have. Have a great afternoon because I know I am! :)

-Eric

2. 9blades

9blades

Dec 29, 2012
    There are some great people on this forum, and in the knife community. kudos to Mr. Smith for his kindness. :)

Kirby

3. salmonkiller

salmonkiller

Dec 9, 2006
    Good Karma comes back to you 10 fold.

4. sigsoup

sigsoup

Dec 17, 2011
    I love hearing stories like this.... we knife guys really are nuts!!! If ordinary people knew how much money we give away in knifes (and spend) we would (should) be locked up. Lol kudos to Mr. Smith.

5. maverick3981

maverick3981

Jun 26, 2009
    Good people still exist on this planet, though rare....

6. eafisher

eafisher Banned BANNED

Feb 4, 2013
    Its crazy because I've given away so many knives to friends and whatnot because I want to bring them to the community most of them just put em in a drawer or don't use them. I was thinking recently as to why nobody gives me a knife? This has made up for every knife I've ever given to anyone! Period!I am so blessed to be apart of this community, the void I've had for so long has been fulfilled. When I say void I mean being apart of something greater than myself! Here's a PIC of my happy new family! The top one is from the trade, bottom was the gift.......hope its not a clone! Just kidding! :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  7. HwangJino

HwangJino

Dec 2, 2012
    Thats awesome!

in my opinion good things happen to good people via karma.

8. Marko3

Marko3 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2010
    It may be a clone PM for my address and I will verify its authenticity .

Thanks

Internet Fraud Division

9. alex1577

alex1577

Jan 24, 2013
    What a great guy, his gift won't go unnoticed. The screws on your regular sebenza are on the wrong side by the way :)

10. Odog27

Odog27 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2011
    This is the only forum I have ever joined. As a registered user, I asked a simple question. Within minutes I got many answers and nobody was condescending. So i started to look around and found a whole forum full of great people. I joined and have been enjoying myself since.
    I have also been the recipient of the generous nature of knifenuts on this forum. Once while asking about a certain knife I was contacted by another member and sent the knife I was asking about. It is now my work EDC.
    I have also won three great knives in GAWs this year.
    Where else?
    I'm just saying!
    Thank you Mr. Smith! Or Jones or whomever it was.... May the road rise up to meet you...

11. egally08

egally08

Oct 19, 2012
    That's great to hear. Just to reiterate what everyone else has said, the knife community as a whole seems to be very giving.

A good fellow I have stayed in contact with maybe one a month for the past year or so. It started out he was new, and I would answer a lot of his questions and it kinda stemmed from that.

About a month ago, had a pretty bad event happen within my life, and we were talking about it. He sends me his brand new ZT 777 and 801 just to cheer me up. It was just to borrow them, but still. Sending them to someone he has never met is a very selfless thing to do.

12. eafisher

eafisher Banned BANNED

Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks for all the great input guys, everyone is solidifying My thoughts and feelings on bladeforums

13. pilgrimuk

pilgrimuk

Apr 18, 2006
    Great story, great gesture, great kindness.

14. Esav Benyamin

Esav Benyamin MidniteSuperMod

Apr 6, 2000
    They work just as well that way. I prefer them reversed, because then they match the clip screw.