Ongoing Details for the 2016 Bladeforums knife.

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by waynorth, Jun 14, 2016.

1. mqqn

mqqn Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2009
    I married up, definitely. I also got her involved; She goes to Blade with me, and I have bought her knives so she has a small but quality collection. Just last week an envelope arrived and when I opened it, there was a box with a knife in it....she had gotten a knife for her NRA renewal. Not often a knife is delivered here and I am not expecting it!

As long as she is still looking at them and enjoying them, you have not shown her too many!

best

mqqn

2. bflying

bflying Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 4, 2014
    Really need a second one "for my Son". He does at least display last years knife in his room. Wonder if that excuse will fly? [emoji56]

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

3. bflying

Mar 4, 2014
    Yup, #2 is locked in. [emoji16]. Better start working on my excuses now because the wife's phone will be dining any second. Not to mention I've got a dozen or so cheapies building a shopping cart over $800[emoji56]. Time to weed that one out shopping cart.

And to boot, I just discovered Massdrop. Absolutely horrible for impulse purchases. But do have a Mararac Copper aaa light that should show up in a month or so. They've got some pretty good knives on the list too. Trouble abounds. [emoji33][emoji41]

•••••••••••••••

Sent from my mind....using Tap-a-Thought. (tm)

4. waynorth

waynorth Dealer / Materials Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Nov 19, 2005
    Stands to reason . . . . . . .:rolleyes:

Ha ha ha!!
    :D

5. bflying

Mar 4, 2014
    Not many left. I remember last year when people waited then came back with remorse for not jumping on a very limited one-of-a-kind. Glad I got one for the boy, but now thinking of another one for a future gaw.

6. Bastid

Bastid Goat herding fool and resident vermin breeder. Staff Member Super Mod

Feb 27, 2001
    Just thrilled about our new knife. Huge thanks to all who made this happen for us.

7. purplelady

purplelady

Sep 26, 2016
    Hi all, I am brand new to this forum and saw this thread. This knife looks so pretty that I just ordered one for myself and one for my son who also collects knives. My plan is that I will get mine and show it to him and let him ooo and ahhh over it and want it real bad. I'm not gonna give it to him, then on his birthday, Dec. 1st, I will give him his. Sounds Kinda mean, but it will be fun. If he doesn't ooo and ahhh enough, I will just keep them both and get him something else. I am fairly new to knife collecting and have some questions. I mostly have spyderco knives so far. My questions about this knife are: what is jigging? What is up with the worms? Is the pattern really made from worms? What kind of animal does this bone come from? And the little metal plate on top of the knife, is that just a decoration, or for engraving, or what? It sure is really Purdy.

8. Stropping Young Lad

Stropping Young Lad Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Welcome!

Jigging is the texture that is cut into the surface.

The pattern is not really made by worms, but is reminiscent of trails that worm make. A less deceptive term for this style is called "Indian trail".

The bone is usually cattle, unless otherwise specified.

The little metal plate, called a shield, is just for decoration. They have been used for engraving in the past, but I think this one is too small for that purpose. Just for lookin at. :)

9. cbr1000

cbr1000

Jan 31, 2013
    Since you mainly collect Spyderco you might want to read up a bit about carbon blade care. Not too much to it, but something you should be aware of.

10. tdkfm

tdkfm

Oct 9, 2014
    Purplelady, I like your style. I often carry a spyderco and a traditional style GEC. You can't go wrong with this knife. Very cool to get your son one too. Stick around the traditional forum, lots of pretty knives to be seen

11. purplelady

purplelady

Sep 26, 2016
    Thank you. You have been very helpful.

12. bflying

Mar 4, 2014
    It's time to break out the leather and make a new pocket slip. Natural with a little Aussie Cream, light or dark dye, stamped, carved, thick, thin, lined?....oh too many choices. Better wait til knifes arrive. When actual pics go up, the waiting becomes real. [emoji51]

13. gunstockjack

gunstockjack Mid-low tech sexagenarian. Gold Member

May 14, 2011
    I will be posting pic's soon! New info on the other thread. :)

14. Y'shua

Y'shua Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Other thread? Do tell!

15. FatCity67

FatCity67

Sep 22, 2013
    Sticky up top.

16. Y'shua

Y'shua Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 11, 2015
    I appreciate it, thank you for letting me know.

17. purplelady

purplelady

Sep 26, 2016
    Yes, I love seeing the knife pics. Thank you.

18. purplelady

purplelady

Sep 26, 2016
    Yes, I do need to look into that. Thank you.

19. colubrid

colubrid Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2005
    what date will the new forum club knives be able to ship?

What expected date?

20. Shaggy

Shaggy

Jan 30, 2012
    Shipping now. Earlier orders shipping first.