1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 12 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri!

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Himalayan Imports Sirupati Khukuri, or Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, March 23; winners will be drawn on Sunday @5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Open Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Aug 25, 2018.

1. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    It appears the my IG account has been hacked....Not sure what to do because the IG help/support, ain't helping OR supporting. Perhaps someone or everyone who is in my contacts should be prudent and block and/or report this account...varga49...This SH*T sucks but please be careful and do not accept anything from this account

2. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    What were the signs Douglas? I’m having issues posting or getting uploads. ???

3. varga49

May 1, 2016
    I hate to tell you it sounds similar... change your password asap

Choppaman likes this.
  4. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    If those issues began today, it might just be the platform. Facebook, which owns IG, announced they were working to resolve an issue causing people to have trouble accessing the Facebook family of apps.

Over in the Fiddleback subforum, it was suggested that IG had a massive breach. I'm a little skeptical. Normally, the media is all over something like that, and I haven't found anything about it.

Nevertheless, as @varga49 suggested, if you ever suspect any account may have been compromised, change your password immediately. Also, don't use the same password for different accounts/systems.

Choppaman and varga49 like this.
  5. Choppaman

Choppaman Gold Member Gold Member

May 6, 2017
    Thanks Robbie. That’s exactly what is happening. Appreciate the insight my friend.

varga49 likes this.
  6. varga49

May 1, 2016
    Sounds familiar... as soon as I realized something was up, I tried to change my password and at least temporarily disable and even deactivate my account, all to no avail. It was too late. I did change my associated email address password..fun fun fun

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019