Osprey K/T Wish List

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, May 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Gotcha. Sent a PM asking about black micarta instead of bog oak. I have a feeling you're getting caught up and haven't gotten there yet. :)

Have a great weekend

2. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator

Jun 4, 2014
    You are correct. I usually get most my Admin Stuff: Emails, Planning, ordering, organizing Etc.. done Later in the week and weekend. I appreciate your patients.

3. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Pm In Bound

4. Odaon

Odaon Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 13, 2009
    I sent you a PM for this wish list item but I figured I would post it here as well. This EDU has had a lot of thought and browsing through pictures to decide on...

I'd like a scandi ground, stainless EDU, if you can scandi 3/32 that would be awesome, otherwise 1/8 is just fine. Sand blasted brown canvas, orange pinstripes, natural liners, on the thinner side of the handle scale if possible. Whatever hammer texturing that you think would look best is cool with me.

Got all that? Haha. :thumbup:

5. SPownson

SPownson Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Request update: I think that 1/8 tapered tang would work better on the Warthog.

6. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak

Aug 26, 2008
    I love to have several of your options in carbon fiber (multiple variants) with blue liners. I'd start with a Raptor in tapered 3/32" CPM 154. I also like the config you did on Peter's.

[​IMG]

7. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    I would love to have a Warthog with black bolstered mammoth molar with thin black liners. 3/32 CPM154 tapered Tang.

8. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Ohh, that would be nice, it might be awhile on that one that material is pretty expensive.

Definetly plan on doing more of these. I really like how it all flows together. One of my favorite handle combos at the moment.

Update recieved

Got it,

9. Tekton

Tekton

Mar 8, 2015
    I'm patient, I can wait [emoji106].
    In the meantime I'll keep on the lookout for another Warthog that catches my eye.

10. .357gus

.357gus Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 30, 2011
    I would like a Mamushi 3/32 cpm154 or s35vn TT with red, white, and blue Shadetree burlap and blue liners with white pinstripes! If that's not possible carbon fiber with black liners and blue pinstripes would be cool too. ;)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2016
  11. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Wow! That turned out awesome. :thumbup:

Jade over blue liners is already one of my favorite combos. It looks great with the CF!

12. klags

klags

Oct 20, 2015
    I'm realizing I'm going to need a warthog in stainless too at some point... the pinstriping and handle work is just beyond epic on all of these.

Your work just keeps getting better and better. Looking forward to getting my Mamushi very much! :)

13. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Thank you, I really enjoy coming up with new combinations and playing with different materials and colors.

14. SPownson

Aug 20, 2015

Hey, I am going to need to put a hold on the EDU that I have posted about; I do still want it at some point, though.

I am definitely still on for the Warthog.
    Speaking of the Warthog... I have thought some more about what I want for that. I will leave some of it up to your imagination though.

1/8inch tapered tang

CPM-154 ground fairly thin behind the edge.

Some type of Shadetree micarta (I like most things except orange) with a bolster (whatever material you want), done similarly to the one in the middle here: [​IMG][​IMG] not necessarily with those color combos, just that type of handle construction.

Go crazy with the handle liners/accents, just as long as one of them is either purple or pink, and none of them are orange.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 6, 2016
  15. Cdmayhem

Cdmayhem

Jul 9, 2013
    Warthog in 1/8" CPM-154 with Carbon Fiber over thick gray liners would be killer.

16. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    I'm going to update this just a touch. I think I would prefer 3/32 over 1/8. I'm definitely a thin steel kind of guy and since the CPM runs a touch larger than the A2 or O1 I think I'd rather have the 3/32.

17. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    Thanks everyone for putting your request out here. I am currently finishing up on some commitments I made earlier in the year. I need to restock on a lot of the handle material requested here. Blade Show depleted my stock. I plan to start choosing some of these knives to build later this summer.
    I appreciate everyones patience

18. Odaon

Apr 13, 2009
    :thumbup: no rush!

19. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak

Aug 26, 2008
    Do you ever plan on using any of the marbled carbon fiber?

20. SPownson

Aug 20, 2015
    Absolutely! Take all the time you need, Chris.

Sent from my MotoE2(4G-LTE) using Tapatalk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.