Osprey Knife & Tool Behind the Scenes & Preview Thread.

Discussion in 'Osprey Knife & Tool' started by Osprey Knife & Tool, Jun 28, 2017.

1. FeralGentleman

FeralGentleman RansomWildernessCo

Nov 13, 2013
    Very cool to see you experimenting with that. I personally like the appearance of an etched/stonewashed finish. It looks even better after it starts to wear in and great with kydex.

Tie a 3.5g bucket to Major filled with your medium and blades and run him around the shop a few times

varga49 and Osprey Knife & Tool like this.
  2. M4Super90

M4Super90 Biochemical Superfreak

Aug 26, 2008
    [​IMG]

Super interested in the bottom kitchen knife! That better have some blue on it somewhere...:D.

I dig them! The knife that lives in my rig is 3V, etched and tumbled. Its been a workhorse and still looks relatively new:

[​IMG]

Bmurray and varga49 like this.
  3. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    Annnnddd That's another @M4Super90 for culinary knives!

4. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
  5. Turth

Turth

Dec 18, 2014
  6. Osprey Knife & Tool

Osprey Knife & Tool Moderator Moderator

Jun 4, 2014
    Here is some other stuff I have been working on in tandem with the custom orders. I am always trying to grow, and try new things. Keeps things exciting for me.

[​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]Hosted on Fotki
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  7. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  8. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  9. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
  10. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014
    I think that is all the Work in Progress pictures I have for now, I have completed photos and videos on each of these knives I will post in their own respective thread later.

Questions and comments welcome.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  11. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    Man, wet carbon fiber looks really cool, especially at an angle!

12. Comprehensivist

Comprehensivist Platinum Member Platinum Member

Aug 23, 2008
    Hey Chris,

Saying "that is all the work-in-progress I have for now" seems too humbly apologetic for such an amazing group of unique prototypes. As always, your instincts for design and precise execution down to the finest details yields some awesome results.

Not every one of the profiles in this group strikes a chord with me personally, but the ones that do make my heart skip a beat by seeing something I have always wanted come to life in 3D. :)

Very well done my friend! :thumbsup:

I am right there with you Robbie! Most folks are drawn to fancy burl woods. Those are nice for sure. Even so, there is just something so wickedly erotic looking about wet carbon fiber...:cool:

Keep up the great work Chris. I think it is fair to say that most of us who hang out here are tremendously impressed with what you are doing.

Phil

13. Osprey Knife & Tool

Jun 4, 2014

I really appreciate it Phil,:thumbsup: I think I am due for some R&R this weekend then I'm going to jump back on the forums next week and catch-up when my brain and bones are rested. I feel good just Pooped out :):poop::). And my brain is numb:confused: :D:D

I have more things I am working on that I have not mentioned or released yet! ;)

I wish you and everyone else has a good weekend and enjoy the fall weather! I know I will. :cool:

14. Apocryphiliac

Apocryphiliac Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2017
    Wow, what the heck are these??? Some kind of kitchen prototypes? Really cool!

15. JIFADIA

JIFADIA

Feb 19, 2020
    Me too, cause I don't know yet. I like Elmax from a users standpoint. It will be a medium size to smaller knife due to the Elmax snaptube word to pdf vidmate being 3/32" should be interesting.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  16. varga49

varga49 Gold Member Gold Member

May 1, 2016
    I have the one on the left. There’s a review that I did on it here on Chris’s section.

Apocryphiliac likes this.