OT/Compact 9's

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Lycosa, Nov 2, 2014.

1. dman62

dman62 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2010
    My son in law has the LC9 (non-striker) and M&P compact. I've shot both and love the M&P the LC9 is ok. The LC9S should be much better and I might get one. I have Glock 19 and 30 and they are great guns.

2. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks, gang.
    I looked at a .380 also and even with the more powerful loads today, I dunt want to go lower than 9mm.
    Ruger needs to make a LCS.45. :)

3. spikedog

spikedog

Dec 16, 2006
    I've got a Kahr PM9 and P380. Both are carried and have been 100%.

4. T.A.C.

T.A.C. Gold Member Gold Member

May 25, 2001
    [​IMG]Don' know what they mean about a damn dirty Glock. Have a G19 and G26 that work all the time, dirty or clean. Compact G26 shoots as accurate as the G19. Had a Beretta NANO that I sent back to Beretta several times, and they finally bought it back from me. Had a S & W M&P Compact.....another piece of junk. I don't know how they can release these guns to the public. Guns are so expensive because these manufacturers must add on $100-$200 into each piece to go towards lawsuits filed against them. If I had to defend myself in an emergency, I would pull a Glock 19 or CZ-75. Compact pistol would be G26.

5. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks, men.
    A G17 was my only pistol. This Ruger will fit my bill. I'd consider a Glock single stack, as mentioned above.
    Glocks work... for me.

6. Garth Reckner

Garth Reckner Moderator Moderator

Dec 13, 2004
    I have had no problems with LC9 but I do prefer the XDS. Just fits my hand better. Both have had zero problems.

Garth

7. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks, Garth!
    The XDS is on my, down-the-road list.

8. kniferMan

kniferMan KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 16, 2011
    + 1 on the XDS. The XDS 45/9 is an amazing little package. Unfortunately I can't speak for the OT compact sorry.

[​IMG]

9. Noxious Fumes

Noxious Fumes

Sep 7, 2011
    The only reason I'd want a .380'would be to get a Walther PPK. Glock 26 is A ok by me..... Can shoot the darn thing as well as a G17 at 20 yards....

10. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr

Apr 10, 2005
    Just say no to polymer. S&W 6906 is not much larger than the LC9, holds 12+1, and is as reliable, if not moreso, than anything else mentioned in this thread:

[​IMG]

and it's not made of plastic!

11. 358

Mar 26, 2014
    That touches on something that should have been established long ago. It's not much bigger, but it's much thicker. So what is a "compact" 9? Most mentioned would fall into the category subcompact, or single-stack, if not both. The not-quite-pocket-sized single stacks have always been an also-ran for me, because if I'm carrying in the waistband or on the belt, I'll take as much as I can. In the pocket, realistically, there's very, very little choice. I've tried a G27 in the pocket; it doesn't qualify, unless it's a coat. I'd be all over a Sig 938, were it not single action. A Khar PM9, if it didn't have the longest trigger pull of anything ever. Everything has its pluses, and deltas.

12. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    A compact pistol, imo, is slim and contoured.
    I will carry my LC9S in my back pocket.

13. -BEEF-

-BEEF-

Dec 28, 2011
    i had the LC9 and i liked it. long trigger pull but i found a place that made a kit to fix that and it worked very well. i sold the LC9 off and ended up with a sig p938 and i love it. but for the price the LC9 is an awesome gun and i never had any problems with any kind of ammo with mine.

14. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks, Beef!
    I got my LC9S for $399. :)

15. rbmcmjr

rbmcmjr

Apr 10, 2005
    Thicker, but not MUCH thicker:

[​IMG]

16. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    A tad Thicker!! :D

17. 358

Mar 26, 2014
    It's all relative, I suppose. The difference between Glock's 36 (Slimline) and their "small frame" autos (40, 9mm, 357) is 1.18" vs. 1.26". That 0.08" makes a tremendous difference in the feel, and bulk in the waistband, IMO. Still, neither is suitable for pocket carry, again, IMO. But I would sell you, and encourage you to buy, whatever you want.

18. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Agree! ^
    I just liked the looks Ruger right off the bat and when the salesman explained all the features of this pistol, out came my money.
    This pistol has form and function.
    rolf

19. Maqua

Maqua

Jan 21, 2005
    If you've got the scratch, H&K P2000SK is fine sub-compact pistol.

20. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Thanks. ^
    I love the H&K platform but is the SK as thin and contoured as the LC9s?