1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

OT Just sank in.

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Rod Allen, Jan 11, 2004.

1. Rod Allen

Rod Allen

Oct 26, 2002
    Some of you will remember that sometime ago, I was asked to leave my family home and my wife and I separated, well for the last 6 months I have been living in this fools paradise of believing it might all work out and we would get back together.
    Well today I found out we wont and it hurts like s..t all over again,
    I remember some of you folk had been through this and survived, sure would like to hear about the surviving bit as tonight i feel like a heap of worthless crap , no good to man nor beast.
    Sorry had to say it!.Good thing about computers is tears don't spoil the print.

2. etp777

etp777

Aug 12, 2002
    Prayers going out. Can't claim to know how it feels, but still feel for you

3. Semper Fi

Semper Fi

Feb 23, 2002
    Time heals all and this too shall pass. Just hang in there.

Semp

4. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    Rod, nothing's that bad if you can still laugh now and then, and no one can make you laugh more than good friends can. You're in a low spot now, but you don't have to stay there. You've got your whole life ahead of you, so get out there, get some perspectve, and start writing the next chapter. Right now it's a blank page, and you are the author. How exciting is that?

Sarge

5. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    I'm very sorry to hear it, Rod. Though I've never been through the exact pain you are feeling right now, I vicariously lived through nine months of it with my best friend, who's closer than a brother to me.

I consider(ed) it a privilege to have been there for him dring that time. I know you're a good egg, Rod, by what I've read here. I hope you have a friend nearby that you can lean on. You'll be in my prayers.

-Craig

6. clearblue

clearblue

Oct 22, 2002
    Consider what might happen if:
    1-You started attending any new activities including support groups
    2-You carefully surveyed the attendees and focused your attention on those who still maintained a good sense of humor and frequently laughed.
    3-Make darn sure she likes Kukris and can COOK!!!!

7. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    I've been thru it more than once and am still here smoking Camels and drinking Heineken. I know it looks bleak now but in ten years it'll be just a blip in your memory. As mentioned, hang in.

8. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Rod, it must be devastating. I'm sorry for your troubles, and hope you find a peace within yourself.

9. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    It's happened to an awful lot of fine folks.
    Time will be your friend.

munk

10. Nasty

Nasty Chief Cook & Bottle Wash

Nov 11, 2003
    Rod,

For what it's worth and from my own experience, some things you don't get *over*, you just get *through* and move on to find happiness...

Look to your friends...they are generally forever.

11. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    Rod,

I know this can hurt like hell. I can only offer that, as hard as things may seem now, and as much as it may hurt, things will get better.

Just because a relationship isn't working, doesn't mean YOU have been rejected. Some great people just don't work with each other.

Hang in there. Oh, and email anytime.

John

12. Kismet

Kismet

Jan 30, 2002
    Simple rules:

Work,
    Eat,
    Sleep.

Don't do anything dumb.

Smile at 5 new things each day (from the smell of wood to a blue sky)

Repeat.

It will get less worse until finally, it gets better.
    :)

13. sams

sams

Apr 21, 2001
    Rod, if possible take a trip to think about "stuff". I always wanted to see the rain forest. After my divorce I went to South America and fished the Amazon. It helped me sort things out. It helps to stay off booze and the recreational drugs.:(

14. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Not to say anyone is suffering from this, but booze and drugs often do one of two things during a breakup: 1. prolong the grief process so you never get over it, or 2. bury the grief process so you never go through it.

munk

15. hoghead

hoghead

Dec 17, 2001
    Sorry to hear this news Rod. Will pray for you. Not fun. :(

16. Ben Arown-Awile

Ben Arown-Awile Banned by Moderators Banned

Aug 29, 2001
    I don't know why everyone thinks divorce is supposed to so traumatic and painful. I was always happy to end my former marriages so I could get on with the next one which was why I was getting the divorce in the first place. I was just trading up for a better model.

When I stopped getting married, I stopped getting divorced.

17. spiraltwista

spiraltwista

Nov 29, 2002
    Hi Rod, I am sorry to hear that, Thats are hard realisation for you, But One day it wont hurt as much as it does at the momment. It will get easyer, Its a process, all part of your journey, That wheel keeps turning, I hope you have some interesting chapters ahead....It is you who helps write them.
    Regards,
    Spiral

18. spiraltwista

spiraltwista

Nov 29, 2002
    Beny cyanide You are living proof of the depths some humanity can sink to.You realy are a troll.
    Let a man grieve you sick F**K
    Spiral

19. spiraltwista

spiraltwista

Nov 29, 2002
    Sorry Rod

20. Ben Arown-Awile

Ben Arown-Awile Banned by Moderators Banned

Aug 29, 2001
    I don't know what you are getting all twisted out of shape about Spiral.

This was Rod's request: "I remember some of you folk had been through this and survived, sure would like to hear about the surviving bit.."

From what I read, Sam, who told him he went fishing in the Amazon, and I, who told him I got another wife were the only two who directly responded to his question.

Most of the other replies were condescending psuedo-philosophy like "All things pass", "Hang in there", "Things will get better", and of course the ever present offer of prayers. I don't remember seeing any smoke being sent, but I'm sure it probably was.

I'm not saying that these replies were not sincere, I'm sure they were, and they were all sent by good men, but what do they really mean?

P.S.
    If I ever ask for smoke, I hope somebody sends me an ounce of good bud and keeps the prayers to themselves.