1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

OT When t he Revolution Comes...

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by munk, Jan 30, 2004.

1. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    yeah yeah..workingclass of the world unite; you have nothing to lose but your chains

You know Art, come the 'revolution' it may be you or I or the housewife down the block doing the revolting..

I shouldn't have used revolution as a catch in the title.

munk

2. Rusty

Rusty Moderator Moderator

Mar 8, 1999
    Would I arm my neighbor?

Don't think I'd be asked. A man should keep his weapons sighted in himself. Most folks around here do.

One got his buck this year using a rangefinder. One shot at 358 yards, per the local newspaper.

3. Ben Arown-Awile

Ben Arown-Awile Banned by Moderators Banned

Aug 29, 2001
    That depends on who's revolting, what they are revolting against, and which side I'm on.

4. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    And those are all good questions.

munk

5. Vampire Hunter D

Vampire Hunter D

Nov 26, 1999
    A few months after I moved out to Utah from Indiana I started dating a local girl(who is now my wife) and I asked her about all the storage units. You really see the things everywhere. She explained about the Mormons and also went on to say that its usally just the "good" LDS that follow that rule.

I'm only 22 and I'm still learning about all of the rights that are being taken away. It seems like everytime I learn something new and I think that it can't get any worse, I learn more new things and it gets so much worse. I don't know what I'll do if we lose all of our rights. I don't even know if I'd stay in the U.S.

- D

6. Mad Mike

Mad Mike

Apr 17, 2002
    All of my friends are already armed and the family members I care about are too. To blazes with the "Antis", as far as I'm concerned if the "Sheeple" get bumped off by the "Creeps" that just leaves more room for the rest of us.:grumpy:

7. Svashtar

Svashtar Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 28, 2003
    Reminds me of the story told by the pro-gun film director John Milius (Red Dawn, Flight of the Intruder, and some others I can't recall.) Anyway, he was always getting a world of crap from all his anti-gun liberal LA friends about his NRA membership and actually OWNING a firearm. He said that they just assumed that everyone in Hollywood thought as they did, and really ostracized him once they found out he had a pretty extensive gun collection (it's nice to be rich and a gun nut!)

ANYWAY, along comes the LA riots, and his formerly passive LA "friends" start calling him up in a state of hysteria because they are stone cold defenseless and "Oh my God, the police won't even answer the phone and I've been on 911 hold for hours! Who would have thought!!!!"

So they called old "gun nut" John and started begging to borrow some of his guns, because after all, he had so many. His response? "Sorry, they are all being used!"

He did get in a couple of more good digs though: after turning them down, he sent them on down to his favorite sporting good store, along with a couple of recommendations for some good defensive weapons. Pump action 12 ga. etc., etc. So they all rushed down to his friend's store, cash in hand, and found themselves 4 deep at the counter. They all waited and then laid their money down and filled out all the assinine forms and then waited for their guns. The storekeepers glady took their money and then said "you can pick the gun up in 10 days." "Ten days? Why I NEED IT NOW!" they replied. "Gee, that's too bad. You might remember this the next time you vote in a politician who advocates 'sensible" gun control waiting periods... By the way, all sales are final!" (-:

Anyway, that's how he told it. The storekeepers made a fortune, and the sheep got an object lesson in personal responsibility. Maybe some of them learned from it, but I'm not holding my breath...

Regards,

Svashtar

8. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    Svashtar, now that's a great story...
    afterall, God, Guns, & Guts made America Free ;)

9. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    sorry munk, this is shying away from the topic a lil but thoughtI'd share this email while we were on the topic...

Marine Corps General Reinwald was interviewed on the radio the other day
    by a female interviewer concerning guns and children. Regardless of
    how you feel about gun control this is one of the best comeback lines
    of all time. It is a portion of a National Public Radio (NPR) interview
    between the female broadcaster and US Marine Corps General Reinwald as
    he was preparing to sponsor a Boy Scout Troop visiting his military
    installation.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: So, General Reinwald, what things are you going to
    teach these young boys when they visit your base?

GENERAL REINWALD: We're going to teach them climbing, canoeing,
    archery, and shooting.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Shooting! That's a bit irresponsible, isn't it?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see why, they'll be properly supervised on
    the rifle range.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: Don't you admit that this is a ter! ribly dangerous
    activity to be teaching children?

GENERAL REINWALD: I don't see how. We will be teaching them proper
    rifle discipline before they even touch a firearm.

FEMALE INTERVIEWER: But you're equipping them to become violent
    killers.

GENERAL REINWALD: Well, you're equipped to be a prostitute, but you're
    not one, are you?

The radio went silent and the interview ended.

You gotta love the Marines!

10. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    Warren, when I start a thread, I don't care where it goes. Unless it goes downhill, but even that's OK.

Is this transcript verified? I would like to know the name of the female interviewer.

munk

11. Semper Fi

Semper Fi

Feb 23, 2002
    That story has been around a long time. I checked Snopes.com and they say it is false.

edited: Kinda cute though. :)

12. WarrenR

WarrenR

Dec 27, 2003
    wasn't verified...just copied and pasted from an email a while back...

Semper, that's a bummer...would've been nice knowing it was reality :(

13. Drdan

Drdan

Dec 24, 2003
    Fantastic response by General Reinwald; very funny one, too. Dan :)

14. Drdan

Drdan

Dec 24, 2003
    WarrenR just brought up a topic concerning children and guns... As long as the children are taught gun safety, I believe that it is a good idea. I remember being a Boy Scout when I was 13, and I thought it was FANTASTIC when I was taught to properly use a .22...

When I was in Virginia a couple of years ago, my brother asked me not to show my nephew (enrolled in the ROTC and entering the Marines in August 2005) my guns. I didn't push the issue, but I was in total disagreement. I sent my nephew a khukuri that was prepared by pendentive about 10 days ago, and still no response... I am amazed, as disillusioned... If my nephew's parents are against guns, knives, etc., they should persuade my nephew to stay out of the military. If they are proud of him entering the Marines, and all outward signs point to this, they should encourage him to be prepared and learn NOW.

Safety is an important factor with children. If the child is taught responsible gun use, then it should be taught. A lot of the problems are related to irresponsible adults who don't educate the children how to use and not use guns, and even failing to secure the guns safely or use trigger locks.

Dan :)

15. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    We teach kids about electric outlets so they don't get shocked.
    We teach them how to swim so they don't drown.
    We teach them to read so they don't stay dumb
    And Danny Glover and Mel Gibson teach them about guns.

munk

16. Semper Fi

Semper Fi

Feb 23, 2002
    Perhaps your nephew's parents just have a fear of what they don't understand. The single most important thing your nephew needs to succeed in the Marines (or anywhere for that matter) is his mindset. If he truly wants to be a Marine, he will become one. And the Marines will teach him all he needs to know about firearms. :)

17. Mr.BadExample

Mr.BadExample

Sep 11, 2002
    Thanks for the great story about John Milius, Svashtar!
    He also directed Conan the Barbarian, and helped write Apocalypse Now.
    And good news! he's directing King Conan: Crown of Iron, due out in 2005!

18. munk

munk

Mar 22, 2002
    I stand firm in my love of Conan movies. The critics didn't like Starship Troopers either. To heck with them.

munk

19. Sylvrfalcn

Sylvrfalcn

Jun 4, 2002
    In addition to my oath of service, which requires me to defend our country and constitution against "all enemies, foriegn or domestic", I feel morally obliged to protect women, children, and the elderly. I would never shirk the duties required by either of those obligations, but the spineless, gutless, hateful, and greedy will find no help from my quarter when the stuff hits the fan.

Sarge

20. Cuttin' Craig

Cuttin' Craig

Jun 9, 2001
    Arm my Neighbors?....Nope. My friends and family are already armed.

It's funny how the opinion on gun ownership is polarized, BUT is instantly reversed when the anti-gun sheeple see the fecal matter hitting the fan. I've lived in two cities where riots took place, and was in harms way in the latter.

I was born and raised in Miami, FLA, and was there in '81 for the Liberty City riots where the local black community decided to loot pillage and burn down their homes and places of business. I was too young to understand why. They only hurt themselves. My neighbor was an undercover Metro-Dade Cop. He had to drive his surveillance phone truck right through the middle of the mess to get home. He had his M1 carbine with 2 30 round mags jungle clipped together laid across his lap while he drove. He made it in one piece.

I was attending Georgia State University, in the middle of downtown Atlanta, GA, when the Rodney King verdict was returned. I was sitting in a management class and heard 4 helicopter passes over the school. An occasional helicopter will go over, but I thought something was amiss. Class let out, and I walk outside. There were GSU cops standing at 10 foot intervals along the sidewalk. I ask what is going on and am told that the Rodney King verdict was returned : Not Guilty. "So?" I said, and the cop said that rioting had broken out in a business district 4 blocks away and was moving toward the school. And, of course, the shuttle buses to the off campus parking had shut down because it wasn't safe to operate.

HMMMMM.....That meant the situation was going to deteriorate quickly. A female friend/co-worker was in my management class, and she said she had to get to work and was going to walk to fulton Co. stadium ( Where we parked for the shuttle service) 3 miles away. I told her I was coming with her. As soon as we were out of sight of the cops, I told her to stop for a second. The Civilly disobedient student pulled his stainless Colt Government Model .45 out and stuck it in the waist band ( two spare Wilson 8 rounders in each pocket) .

She was not a sheeple, but was suprised I had it with me at school. We walked briskly to our destination seeing Georgia State Parolmen shoulder to shoulder outside the Capitol buiding. We got haranged by blacks in a passing bus, and I gave them a shakespearan bow. Beth said, " What the [email protected]#! are you doing?", I said," If the bus stops, they have 25 chances to say no. "

We made it safely to our cars with only Beth's bloody heels for damage. (Poor footware choice).

Was I remorseful for my civil disobedience of carrying my evil thunderstick to this mecca of higher education? What do you think;)

-Craig