1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Week 25 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco Manix 2

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Manix 2 , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, June 22 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  3. Week 24 drawing for the BladeForums.com 20th Anniversary Year of Giveaways live stream going on from 5-6PM eastern!!
    Tune in to our YouTube Channel, http://www.youtube.com/TheRealBladeforums, we'll be drawing winners for BladeForums.com merchandise & the grand prize:
    a Benchmade 535 Bugout, along with BladeForums branded gear!

Additional prize(s) will be awarded to people in the livestream chat, so watch for your chance to win bonus prize(s)

Our visit to Aunties Inner Circle

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bawanna, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator

Dec 19, 2012
    I delayed creating this post waiting for Aunties approval to post pictures. She took a much deserved break and took a short trip over the weekend but now I have her blessing so here we go.

I felt deeply priviledged to be allowed into her home, and to meet her family. Definitely the highlight of our trip to Reno. I still think she likes my wife Irene better than me, but I try to stay in her good graces.

Here's a few photo's to start off with.

First my favorite picture of all, Chokpa, Auntie, and Kanchhi, nicer ladies you'll never meet ever.
    [​IMG]

And the look I got all evening after I told them I was much gooder than Bookie.
    That's the world famous Miss Betty (close family friend) in the background. I promised to make her an internet sensation. Super super nice lady too.
    [​IMG]

A trip to the shed revealed the biggest kukri, this handsome devil ever laid eyes on. Beyond huge, wanted it badly but mom didn't allow that one.
    [​IMG]
    Thing was long as my arm, sweet.
    [​IMG]

Auntie, Me, and a huge Bowie. Mom didn't let me have that one either.....
    [​IMG]

This is what bawanna looks like begging mom for a Foxy Folly. I think it was posted a few days before but didn't sell. Incredible knife. I generally try not to beg, but I begged big time for that one. Didn't happen.

[​IMG]

Not sure how many pictures I can post in a post so I'll start over in a new one.

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  2. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    Fantastic pictures Bawanna! You look like a kid in a candy shop holding all those blades.

3. Dobe_1

Dobe_1

Jun 19, 2013
    Beautiful women and nice blades. You were in heaven. Thanks for the post.

4. blue lander

blue lander

Aug 16, 2011
    You look like you were having way too much fun for a guy your age. I'm glad the ol' ticker didn't give out!

5. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Our visit continues.

Kanchhi who spent nearly the entire evening in the kitchen, along with her sister Chokpa.
    [​IMG]

Mo Mo express. They are awesome. bawanna loves Mo Mo's. My wife agreed with me (2nd time I think in 30 years) that a good description of a Mo Mo is think Won Ton Soup with out the soup. It's like a noodle with beef or pork or chicken inside.
    [​IMG]

The playing field is leveled when the wheelchair dude holds a Manjushree. Winner, winner, I brought this one home!!!!
    [​IMG]

This handsome devil sitting next to his beautiful wife is......do I dare name him without permission. Hmmmm.
    Heck with it, he's the notorious Dino in Reno. Fun fact. His wife....lord forgive me I forgot her name......is as much into the knives as he is. Handled em like a pro, checked out my bawanna bowie, etc. Another nice nice lady.
    [​IMG]

Finally cooled down enough, I think it was 102 that day that we got outside. My wife Irene, the famous Randy in the foreground, Tamang, Chokpa's husband center and the young lad a fellow forumite, I know his real name but not certain of his screen name. Zero something??? I didn't realize how many Zero's are on the forum, check for yourself.
    [​IMG]

Another shot of the soon to be famous Betty.
    [​IMG]

The ladies response as Dino tries to tell them that he's better than Bawanna or Bookie
    [​IMG]

And their reaction when Mrs. bawanna told them bawanna was better than Bookie or Dino.
    [​IMG]

As you can see the visit went into the evening and I'd still be there now but I didn't want to be a nuisance. I enjoyed myself sooooooo much. Bookie perhaps described it best as comparing it to a visit to a shrine or a historical place and it was like that. I learned you don't say no to Nepalese woman. You eat all the Mo Mo's you can eat and they offer more, I say no thankyou and get 3 more, Randy sitting nearby says they'll be back, resistance is futile. Offered a beer, I said only one, as I have 13 hour drive tomorrow, after 3 more, I finally refused. Bottles already open. Water only after that.
    So much fun....
    [​IMG]

A good shot of Tamang and Zero?? Tamang holds a couple different jobs but one was working at our resort/hotel. The day before I stopped a fella that I thought looked like him but it wasn't. We didn't realize he worked there, I thought it would be cool to find one of the family prior to the visit.
    [​IMG]
    Chokpa preparing another delivery of Mo Mo's.
    [​IMG]

Enough for now. I feel better sharing the visit with everyone. I'm not sure I'm worthy of being allowed into Auntie's inner sanctum, feel a little better now that I've let you all in even if you weren't there in person.

I also was given the honor of posting a DOD!! I'll post it separately in a little bit. You'll dig it.

6. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Awesome visit, looks like you had a great time!

We'll be up there in August, come on down again!

7. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Man you have no idea how badly I want to. That's for sure. Not sure I could pull off two trips down (for us) in that time period. Wife works weddings and banquets and such and it booked solid till winter. And that drive for the second time nearly killed me. I said never again after the first trip, I'm sure I'll do it again too. Worth it.

She suggested getting one of the banquet rooms if a bunch of folks could get down there at once, every hotel there had several and then have Auntie just bring some knives.
    Not burden her with being host to a large group. Although she does it very well.

Be a nice meet and greet with a wonderful show and tell.

8. Steve Tall

Steve Tall

Aug 28, 2010
    Thanks for sharing your photos!

Sounds like the making of another Khukuri Khonvention™

9. DarthTaco123

DarthTaco123

Mar 28, 2013
    Khukuri Khon? I like it!

10. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    :thumbup:

11. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    If one day we pull off a Khonvention I'll really try to be there if I have to drive solo. My wife as been an advocate of khonvention idea forever.
    We tried earlier to get a bunch together for this trip but just didn't pan out.

12. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    I had so much fun reading this thread. Looks like you had an amazing time. Thank you very much for sharing it!

13. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    It was a truly amazing time and your entirely welcome. Very happy to share and let some of the amazing time rub off on everybody.

14. Bookie

Bookie Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2014
    Bawanna, you need to set a date a year in advance and put the word out. That way She Who Must Be Obeyed will plan, book tickets, and give me folding green.

15. Shavru

Shavru

Feb 20, 2014
    Gotta agree with GB, It was great fun to see everyone enjoying themselves. That Bowie and Arm length Khuk are both amazing. I don't think I could have put either one down for anyone except for Auntie once I had it in my hands. Thank you for sharing the pics.

16. christcl

christcl

Apr 13, 2004
    Thanks for sharing!

17. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    The sword of Manjusri cuts through ignorance and delusion. It's not for cutting down enemies, although after wielding it you may find that the enemies no longer exist.

18. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    Wow! I did feel a little sliced up after holding it. Sure sign I'm delusional and I already knew about the ignorant part.

I suggest to Auntie that our next get together be at your house Mr. Wallace. I know I'll have to stay on the ground floor but I'm ok with that. Or maybe link up at my house, house is still a wreck from the water leak thing but everything works, just not pretty.

Someday I'll have the loot to get everything fixed up again.

19. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    We had a great visit with Bawanna and Irene , Dino and his lovely wife and new forum member Zero time. Hope to have a bigger crowd next year perhaps we can plane ahead!
    We thank you all for wonderul visit!
    Kanchhi and Chopkpa loves to cook!
    I love to show Knife and Sword!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  20. Yangdu

Yangdu [email protected] Himalayan Imports-Owner Moderator

Apr 5, 2005