1. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win an Ontario Knives Spec Plus SP8 Machete Survival Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Pair of Coffin Handles

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by Jason Fry, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Jason Fry

Jason Fry

Jun 5, 2008
    The ragweed these days is kicking my butt. Been sneezing alot, so I figured I'd do some coffin as well. Spent the better part of the long weekend sneezing and working on these two blades, both custom orders. One is a 99 layer multi-bar opposing twist Damascus with a fine piece of mesquite burl. The other is a more utilitarian forged 1084 with natural canvas micarta. I've done six or seven coffin handles and finally feel like I have the process down. Lots of measurements involved in keeping things symmetrical and in making the pin placement look right.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

mitch13, d762nato, Dawkind and 6 others like this.
  2. Lorien

Lorien Moderator Moderator

Dec 5, 2005
    nice work! I like your take on the coffin shape, looks ergonomic and effective

Dawkind and fonedork like this.
  3. AVigil

AVigil Adam Vigil knifemaker working the grind Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Platinum Member

Feb 17, 2009
    The coffin handle is my favorite on a Bowie. Great work

Dawkind likes this.
  4. BladeScout

BladeScout Basic Member Basic Member

May 16, 2010
    Beautiful.

5. Dawkind

Dawkind Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 3, 2000
    Outstanding my friend....both are superb but that Damascus is so fine. :)

AVigil and d762nato like this.