1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Paring down models...

Discussion in 'Fiddleback Forge Knives' started by Fiddleback, Jun 24, 2019.

1. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Glad I got my old school Hunter and Ladyfinger ;) Also happy the Arete and Hiking Buddy did not make the list.

Bill

Fiddleback, Lady1911 and Nbrackett like this.
  2. CAD

CAD

Jan 11, 2006
    Fiddleback and rileybassman1 like this.
  3. drewway

drewway

Oct 30, 2015
    Stunned and disappointed. Recently decided I was going to focus my purchases on the Karda family. C'est la vie. The only other Fiddleback offering a full 4 finger grip and <3 inch blade I am aware of is the Dhumpback. Hopefully one of the new models fits this description.

Fiddleback and RobbieB like this.
  4. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I too was most surprised to see the Karda family on the list. The ED Karda is an awesome design, and while I admit I haven’t EDCed mine, I attribute that to the carbon steel. I do pick it up from time to time, admire it, and tell myself I really should carry this knife. I’ve been hoping a stainless one would show up with nice neutral scale material.

Fiddleback, CAD and drewway like this.
  5. rileybassman1

rileybassman1 Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 12, 2012
    At least it's 3/32" tho

6. Warrior108

Warrior108 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Wow, Bushnub and Bushnub II ....

Well, looking forward to what might be coming up for new models around that blade length.

Fiddleback and David L like this.
  7. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    YES! I have missed my ASP and now have a replacement coming. Along with the CC bill :)

Bill

8. joarthur

joarthur

Sep 25, 2006
    BCK on the list surprised me too, and for same reason you give -- full 4-finger grip. The Carver is another sub-3-inch that offers a 4-finger grip. Its sorta-Wharny blade does some things better than BCK, like carving and peeling mangoes, and other EDC things just as well, like opening packages or cutting cord. But BCK is the one I carry most, since it has the single most useful blade I've found for most daily uses. If I need a bigger blade, it's generally for some task that's around the house, so a more suitable model will be nearby. If it's for when I'm in the woods, then something bigger than BCK will be the model that's come along with me. Another model with a full 4-finger grip is the 3-inch Big Mitt, though its blade is slightly over 3 inches, and it's handle is really full.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    drewway, hasco and varga49 like this.
  9. Southern Gent

Southern Gent KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Apr 3, 2015
    @Fiddleback does this mean you also have to modify your tattoo?

Nbrackett likes this.
  10. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005

No. Now its a limited edition...

Southern Gent likes this.
  11. RobbieB

RobbieB Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 13, 2017
    I suspected the Arete would be on the list just because no two people can pronounce it the same. Maybe it should be renamed to "JM Bushie"? What do you think @Diomedes Industries?

12. Fiddleback

Fiddleback Knifemaker Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Dealer / Materials Provider

Oct 19, 2005
    Change it to Head Like 2nd Mood Bushcraft Knife.

RobbieB and Lady1911 like this.
  13. drewway

drewway

Oct 30, 2015
    This thread needs a picture:
    [​IMG]Discontinued on Flickr
    My discontinued knives.

14. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    I know where you can get 2 more:)

drewway likes this.
  15. drewway

drewway

Oct 30, 2015
    Do you offer a layaway plan? I've already bought 2 Kardas this month and am currently tapped out.

VANCE likes this.
  16. VANCE

VANCE Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Gold Member

Mar 13, 2006
    If you are really interested email me. We can work something out.

17. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    I for one think this is a good idea. Maybe down the road you can bring one back as a 10 knife special run. That would be cool.

18. Fiddleback

Oct 19, 2005
    I'm glad you're on board Mr. Murray. Are you jogging yet?

Bmurray likes this.
  19. Bmurray

Bmurray Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Yes. Getting back into body building.

On a knife note, I'd love to see some offerings in D2. It's my favorite all around steel. Even though it's not the newest flavor today, it's about the best of both worlds. First it's a carbon tool steel that's almost stainless. Just my 3 cents.

20. TheFactor

TheFactor Life is good ! Platinum Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Glad I just scored my Ladyfinger that just arrived today . Man I love this knife and I think it being removed from current line up makes me love it even more! Plus it gives me an excuse to find another Fiddleback favorite :D
    [​IMG]