Petition Victorinox to make a Cadet X

Discussion in 'Multi-tools & Multi-purpose Knives' started by DocT, Jun 14, 2020.

1. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    HotGuts, Lee D and jmh33 like this.
  2. PaperKnife

PaperKnife Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Of all the years i've been collecting Victorinox, didn't know they had an "Idea" site.

So I pitched in and wrote a suggestion to help the cause.

Victorinox: "Would you purchase this item?"
    My response: "Yes I'd purchase the hell out of it. ":D

Victorinox should follow suit with making 84mm Alox models of their already established 91mm range.

Cadet with scissors (84mm) = Pioneer X (93mm)
    Cadet with scissors + saw (84mm) = Farmer X (93mm)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  3. jackknife

jackknife Gold Member Gold Member Basic Member

Oct 2, 2004
    Done that multiple times. Each time I answer that I'd buy several to gift away as well as spares for me. Then I get a nice email thanking me for the input and thats that.

Storm 8593 likes this.
  4. jmh33

jmh33 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2003
    Done..:D again..:rolleyes:
    John

5. jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Maybe drastic action is needed. ''

Like maybe kidnap Mr. Elsner's dog and tell his we get a cadet X or the dog disappears forever. Or we'll make sure his wife finds out about what happened on that business trip a few years ago....

Yeah, we need some dirt. Or a frame up. At this point I'm willing to play a little dirty. Like Micheal Corleone said; "Nothing personal, just business."

shopdoc and Lee D like this.
  6. CSG

CSG

Dec 15, 2007
    Yeah, but by posting it on a public forum, you've told people outside the family what you're thinking. :eek::D

7. shopdoc

shopdoc

Mar 24, 2020
    I
    i’ve chartered a flight to Ibach for operation X. Please meet at the previously discussed location at 0600 tomorrow.

8. jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    The early morning sun crept into the luxurious bedroom of one of the wealthiest men in Switzerland. Carl Elsner came slowly awake from a deep sleep in a bed that cost more than most of the working people in Switzerland make in a month. He stretched his legs to get out the stiffness of sleep from his joints, and then the first feelings of something not quite right struck him.

He stirred in the bed, and then it stuck him that his feet felt wet. Wet and slick. Mystified, Mr. Elsner tossed back the covers and screamed in horror. The decapitated head of his beloved Swiss mountain dog, Brutus, stared up at him from the pool of gore it sat in. Mr. Elsner's screams brought the servants running to find the hysterical head of the family owned firm of Victorinox cowering against the bed's headboard.

A month later in a large American city, the Cult Of The SAK was meeting, and they were seated around a long table with bottles of wine, and bowls of olives and cheese. The big topic of conversation was that Victorinox had finally brought out a CadetX. When all the heads of the Cult were present, the head of the three layer family leaned toward the old man at the head of the table. The old man had a silver white beard and wavy silver hair and had a marked resemblance to the actor in a beer commercial that was billed as the most interesting man in the world.

"You have to tell us, Don Carlo, how did you get Victorinox to bring out a Cadet X?" asked the head of the three layer family.

"Yes Don Carlo, how did it come about?" asked the head of the 4 layer family.

The silver bearded old man just shrugged and waved a hand in the air in a enigmatic gesture. Then in a slightly horse voice he replied,

"I just made Mr. Elsner an offer he couldn't refuse."

9. PaperKnife

PaperKnife Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 13, 2020
    Dude.... :D
    That is so funny. “Head of the three layer family”

shopdoc likes this.
  10. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    That’s great :D
    I literally choked on my tea

11. Hickory n steel

Hickory n steel Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 11, 2016
    I did not know about this.

I could not submit an idea for the cadetX however as I had my own idea, sorry guys.

I submitted for their approval the " Victorinox Scout " , a Cadet with an awl in place of the nail file.

12. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Hahahahaha! I am really laughing. You guys are crazy! :D:D

13. jackknife

Oct 2, 2004
    Actually thats not a bad idea either!

Given the increasing urbanization of the world in general, and how the bulk of most people these days are living in a suburban environment if not outright urban, expansion of the 84mm alox line makes more sense that the expansion of the alox 93mm line.

I think an expanded 84mm model line would fit into people lives more given the mode of casual dress or even keyring use. A cadet X or a cadet scout, or or cadet commuter, (My own idea) does indeed make sense.

But for me, I'll hold out for the cadet x first, as its the one knife that could displace my beloved executive as a real every day carry. It would have more capability than the executive, in a slim alox package so I don't have to worry about that dammed cellidor that I hate so much.

What about a cadet XX? Somethng like the alox mini champ but based on the 84mm alox chasis.

shopdoc and Lee D like this.
  14. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    Essentially a “Pioneer Slim”...I love that idea as well.

15. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I would be up for a Victorinox Scout!

Jim

jmh33 likes this.
  16. DocT

DocT

Mar 25, 2012
    Okay, so now we know we are members of the Three Layer Family. Perhaps we should have our own group :D:D

jmh33 and Lee D like this.
  17. Lee D

Lee D

May 27, 2013
    Well it’s definitely not gonna matter much at my home. I just demanded fried eggs and toast “by order of the Three Layer Family”, and my wife told me I’m weird.

18. harronek

harronek

Nov 29, 2013
    They made one years ago so it is possible .
    Maybe sales were slow and " once bitten twice shy "

[​IMG]

Storm 8593 and jmh33 like this.
  19. TheMikeOfSteel

TheMikeOfSteel

Apr 16, 2006
    I’d love a Cadet X. Especially in red.

I wonder if they could just use the Delemont scissors? Although I’d prefer true Victorinox 84mm scissors.

I’d be happy if Victorinox would at least expand the Delemont line to include some of the older non-contoured (non-Evo) handles. Make the old Wenger Traveller and Handyman with Vic’s superior can opener, reamer, and toothpick/tweezers.

Sawl Goodman likes this.
  20. Sawl Goodman

Sawl Goodman

Jun 4, 2018
    I myself have wondered about Vic using Delemont scissors. It would seem to be the best compromise, as only the spring would have to be tooled.

I prefer Vic scissors but the Delemont scissors are just fine. Way better than no scissors at all! I can imagine the howls of community disapproval though if Vic released a Cadet X with them.

Except for the Wenger style tools that Vic replaced, I like the old Traveller much more than the Climber. It carries better in the pocket, feels good in the hand, and I much prefer the blade shape. The contoured scales of the 14 make for an excellent grip IMO but do make for a bulky knife. I reckon the next best thing to having the old flat scales would be to buy an Evowood and sand the scales down, or to make custom scales that take the scale tools.