1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

PGA#2 for 2/22 -- 21" Chitlangi by Bura

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Bill Martino, Feb 22, 2002.

1. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    Here's a 21" 27 ounce Chitlangi by the old master. The thing that keeps me from rating this khukuri perfect is you can see some hammer marks in the blade where Bura has not worked them out completey -- little waves that you might be able to see in the picture. He was hurrying on the finish to get this one ready to ship.

Karda and chakma as only Bura makes them.

Great scabbard and frog by village sarki in new leather.

We'll deliver this one to your door for $115 today. Again, you'll not find this much excellent knife for that price anywhere -- just a shade over 5 bucks per inch.

Call or email if interested.

Attached Files:

2. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    Oh dear lord that is beautiful!
    Sombody TAKE IT!!!

3. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    It is beautiful. Bura makes the best bolster and buttcap of anyone in the shop. Did I mention that Bura can make guns? He's made pistols, rifles and shotguns.

4. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    What do we need to get a hold on some of these relics that happen to be firearms? What are the laws and regulations on these? Or is it another thing that I should not even ask due to tree huggers?

5. beoram

beoram

Nov 27, 2001
    I somehow doubt tree-huggers care one way or other about firearms ;) - unless you're planning on shooting the trees....

6. Bill Martino

Bill Martino

Mar 5, 1999
    I don't think we could make them legally due to the present situation in Nepal. Bura was commissioned to make some guns for some government big shots so he was legal. Many kamis bootleg guns.

7. spence

spence

Jan 11, 2002
    I feel your pain, Dave. Inadvertently, or otherwise, Bill has given me the Bura strain of HIKV. My Kesar Sirupati is fine, but my Bura blades are gorgeous.

S.

8. BruiseLeee

BruiseLeee

Sep 7, 2001
    Although Bura can forge a straighter line than the other kamis, There's not much difference when you're chopping something.

9. SamuraiDave

SamuraiDave

Apr 6, 2001
    I still wouldent mind a matching bura Chitlangi/1911 or snubbie .38

Maybe it is just me??

EricTheRedBeard likes this.
  10. Russ Kay

Russ Kay

Dec 19, 2000
    You have mail.

11. Bill Martino

Bill Martino