Pic Request: Killa Zilla II , TTKZ and The HUCK

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by MattinLA, Oct 2, 2020.

1. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Muddy water noted.

The 1311 is my most used yard knife. I wish they made a version with a Regulator handle.

The Fusion Handle HUCK looks cool but it has the fin which I'm not really into...

Bigfattyt likes this.
  2. PeteyTwoPointOne

PeteyTwoPointOne Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Yessir, that "coffin" like shaped handle on the Regulator, BattleShark, and Pork Chop is genius :cool: ...

That's the only thing I've found a little off in the 1311's design-- the handle could use a couple more fingers' width aft.

Fusion HUCK seemed wider in my palm and dissipated shock better for me than regular HUCK.

The fin is kinda odd, but there may be times you wanted to do a little scraping and save your primary edge....in that case it'd be clutch.

Horses for courses kind of thing-- no bad BUSSE models, just different BUSSE models-- plus it seems you got a Khuk in your crosshairs, sorry, I don't mean to make you lose focus. :)

3. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Come to the states. Plenty of that here.

4. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    ........ time to time but me in my leather boxer shorts waving a Kuk above my head seems to dissipate the crowd before it gets interesting...

5. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Also if someone tries to steel your corner

6. Andy the Aussie

Andy the Aussie Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 29, 2010
    There is that as well...!!!!!!! I have bought many knives after a big night working that corner !!!

Bigfattyt and MattinLA like this.
  7. SpyderPhreak

SpyderPhreak Rocketman for hire Platinum Member

Apr 13, 2004
    Once upon a time, I made these outline drawings comparing my custom shop TTKZ and HUCK. Hope this helps...

IMG_5130.jpg

IMG_5934.jpg

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2550.jpg

The dotted lines in the top photo represent the narrowest points on each blade. You can see that the TTKZ is a good bit narrower. Of note, my TTKZ, as I'm told, is a unique beasty. I was told that it was one of the last to have come out of the custom shop, and it was ordered with an optimized, narrow, full convex grind. It's a bit thicker at the spine than the HUCK, but it feels like a much more nimble knife. It's quite thin at the edge.

While the HUCK has the bigger handle, which works better for my XL hands, I like how the TTKZ handles in use better.

boring, MattinLA and vkp78 like this.
  8. MattinLA

MattinLA

May 31, 2006
    Thanks SpyderPhreak!

9. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    I've use the HUCK, and the Fusion HUCK Fin (I can't remember the acronym now, if there was one). Even though the HUCK is longer, the FHF... or CFHF... of FCHF... whatever, feels heavier. Maybe my imagination. I like the way the HUCK feels better in chopping. BUT the FCHF (?) is downright wicked.

10. tinfoil hat timmy

tinfoil hat timmy Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 21, 2014
    I need a huck finn.