Pics request: largest specimens of HI models

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by alexs, May 5, 2011.

1. alexs

alexs

Nov 26, 2009
    Could you please post pics (and specs) of the largest kuks you have if they are uncommonly large for a particular model. E.g., do you have a WW II, YCS, FF, or an M43 longer than 18'5", a Chit or a GS longer than 21", etc. The more outrageous, the better. :)
    Thanks!

2. wildmanh

wildmanh Part time Leather Bender/Sheath maker

Jul 9, 2000
    Years ago Uncle Bill told me how a customer had special ordered an overly large Ang Khola. I loved the idea so I special ordered a 25" AK. It arived the day after I saw the 1999 flix Godzilla. The AK reminded me of Godzilla so that became it's name. Sometime later I sold Godzilla to my friend Roger Smith, we go camping once in a while and he's kind enough to let me play with my old friend for a bit. Roger recently took the following pics of Godzilla for me to post in a different thread but I forgot to. Figure they'd work here just as well. Enter Godzilla!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. shangchi108

shangchi108

Aug 28, 2007
    Kinda looks like an ordinary khukuri without some sort of scale. Could even be a small one. You probably know how big that door or piece of fence is, but we don't.

4. alexs

alexs

Nov 26, 2009
    In the movie, a character sees Gojira and declares: 'We need bigger guns!'."

Well, we need bigger kuks!

5. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    The planks should give you an idea. If you handled a khuk before you should be able to estimate the ratio.
    Nevertheless i'm here to give Wildmanh some Booyaashaka:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

* patiently waiting for Dave Rishar to post his gigantic Ganga Ram and some Super Salyans.

6. b.c.molin

b.c.molin

Nov 28, 2008
    I'll put my money on both Cpl Punishment and Wolf_1989 ! ;)

7. mtnfalcon

mtnfalcon

Feb 24, 2006
    There was a 40"+ monster sold or given a couple years back. Mind boggling size and weight. Is that the monster Ganga Ram of Dave Rishar's that was referred to?

8. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    Ya right on Bro!

[​IMG]

I remember in the old thread Old Sher (Tiger) did a Bolo with spine thickness of 1" thick !

9. Quiggifur

Quiggifur

Jun 15, 2009
    Anyone know the weight of this thing, or think they can make an educated guess (to within a pound or so)?

10. JayGoliath

JayGoliath

Mar 27, 2010
    You will find some infos about it if you use the search engine.

Another spoiler:
    [​IMG]

Dave i hope you don't mind me salivating over the GGR!

11. Cpl Punishment

Cpl Punishment

Jan 28, 2006
    I think Dave Rishar's is the largest.

If you go with derivatives, the best I can do is:
    (Falcata, top, 29")
    (Bhairab, second, 24")
    (CAK "Kukzilla", third, 25")
    (Giant Chitlangi Bowie -- not a kukri, but, fourth, 24.5")
    [​IMG]

12. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    I was just chiming in to suggest a pic of Dave's GRS...but y'all beat me to it;)

13. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    Specs are listed in my last post. BTW the fence slats are about 6" wide if that helps. If anyone wants in hand shots they need to ask Roger, or his wife, since she actually took those pictures. ;)

14. Howard Wallace

Howard Wallace . Moderator

Feb 23, 1999
    And here the striking Yangdu Martino models the Janawar Katne. Just the thing for petite ladies ...

[​IMG]

15. HairahSitna

HairahSitna

Mar 6, 2011
    That Janawar Katne is incredible. It will keep over friendly train passengers at bay for sure.

16. snowwolf

snowwolf Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2013
    Those are gigantic!

Thanks for showing off your monsters.

17. gurkha berserka

gurkha berserka

Aug 16, 2014
    BEASTS!!!!!! Damn you really need to see a person holding it to get perspective. I love that Hanshee model.

18. wildmanh

Jul 9, 2000
    There are some Beastly big Khukri's out there, that's for sure. Was thinking about this thread just the other day. Snowwolf, thanks for digging it up. :)

If I remember correctly, some of those really big ones were 6 to 9 pounds!