1. BladeForums has ZERO TOLERANCE for extremism or calls of violence. We request your assistance dealing with this as we do not want to see the site shut down due to violent threats. Please see this thread here in Tech Support: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/bladeforums-has-a-zero-tolerance-policy-towards-threats-of-violence-extremism-be-warned.1769537/

Pictures of this summers hikes and 3 new knives this week

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by suppertramp, Oct 1, 2011.

1. suppertramp

suppertramp

Oct 3, 2009
    I'm going to make you all suffer through the boring hiking picks before you see the knives

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And now my new knives thank you for looking and have a great weekend

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. WILLIAM.M

WILLIAM.M

Apr 14, 2006
    Great Photosa and Cool Knives

Sweet Looking Dogs as well

3. trailbum

trailbum Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 18, 2010
    Thanks for taking us along.

4. HDBeav

HDBeav Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2001
    Looks like an awesome trip, beautiful country and nice knives, thanks for sharing.

5. gunknifenut

gunknifenut KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jun 9, 2006
    Every time I see photo's of Utah's wilderness...all I think is "man, I have to see that before I die"
    Thanks for taking us along. Gene

6. sicily02

sicily02

Nov 23, 2005
    Please, post more boring pics like that some more lol. Really awesome pics of the landscape.

Bryan

7. Brad "the butcher"

Brad "the butcher"

Dec 15, 2008
    very nice man, love the pools and cave drawings

not to hijack your thread as it is hiking related with your dogs

....how was the terrain on your dogs paws, some of it looked abrasive.

There are places in the mountains I hike around here have been tough on my labs paws.

Part of my hiking first aid kit for the dog is a pair of socks, two bread bags and two tent stake stuff sacks( they are tough and have ties at the top)
    Doctor and tape the paw up and rig one of each in the order given above.

Make sure to loosely tape the bag just above the paw and after you have tied the sack at up the foreleg put another slightly loose strip of tape above the paw again.
    This will keep the bandage from constantly moving down and flopping around or off. keeps the wound fairly dry, the sock cushions and absorbs blood.

With this you can rig pretty good paw booties with that stuff and tape and regular supplies in the kit.

When Spot the black lab and I did the 67km Juan de Fucan trail on the west coast of Vancouver island 9 or 10 yrs ago some of the rocks and barnacles wrecked his paws when I was not looking and he ran out on a lowtide shelf, they were a mess.

Figured out this system of paw doctoring so he could move around and heal, had to take a 3 day break from our trek at Long Beach for him.

Which really was not so bad as it is a surfing hotspot and very popular beach 1 mile from parking.
    Being single with an obviously injured dog well taken care of was a conversation magnet. I would have stayed longer for him to ....heal.....but had to work.

All 4 paws were injured, and once I explained to others camping on the beach 4 groups donated a whack of extra first aid supplies and their tent stake sacks( I only had one)

regards and hope this info helps some people with their dogs and injury

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  8. suppertramp

suppertramp

Oct 3, 2009

If have some dog boots for my golden the sandstone does really tear her pads I got them from Amazon a couple of years ago and haven't failed yet. My great pyraneese border collie mix hasn't had a problem yet even on 35 mile over night trips ill keep your method in mind next few trips I take. Thanks

9. TheGame

TheGame

Sep 24, 2008
    Thanks for all the boring pics. Looks like a great landscape out there. :thumbup:

10. OwenM

OwenM

Oct 26, 2000
    You live in my favorite place:mad:
    What is the slot in the pic where the dog is with you?
    I'm finishing up some unfinished hikes at Zion/Kolob at the end of the month, but will be back in the spring for some canyoneering courses if I can afford it. Those canyons have a huge appeal to me, and I'd like to do the Subway in its entirety, along with some slot canyon hikes in the Grand Escalante Staircase, and eventually more technical stuff.
    Thanks for the pics. Color me envious!

11. jonnyt16

jonnyt16

Jul 17, 2007
    Beautiful photos, looks like an awesome trip! Looking at the landscapes in some of the pictures, I can't help to think of the movie 127 Hours. Glad you made it home with both arms! :)

12. kfgk14

kfgk14

Jun 18, 2010
    where are those amazing pools? looks like an incredible swimming hole.

13. suppertramp

suppertramp

Oct 3, 2009
    Some of the pictures are from the subway I did it 3 weeks ago for the 10th time the first in 8 years its a great hike the beginning is tricky very poorly marked trail the slot canyons with my dogs was the canyon next to the one aaron ralston cut his arm off I can't remember the name of the canyon. It was a little tricky repelling the dogs but they love it the first time I look them they surprise the crap out of me and made it. Look easy had one scare where I left my friend on top with my dogs then I repelled first so my friend could lower my pupps to me they got excited when I got to the bottom thinking I was going to leave them and both dogs ended up running down a near 40 foot shear cliff after that I made sure i was always the last one down dogs amazing

14. suppertramp

suppertramp

Oct 3, 2009
    Google it the subway zion national park. It worth the trip to utah in its own.

15. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Great pics, I really need to see the subway for myself. My parents live in Hurricane, so one of these days when I have the vacation time I'll stay with them and do some of those trips in Zion.

16. Rockywolf

Rockywolf Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 16, 2005
    It's been years since I was in Zion. I remember the beauty though...it sticks with you. Breathtaking. Thanks for sharing.

17. grunt soldier

grunt soldier

Dec 4, 2009
    beautiful pics and some great blades too. thank you for sharing for sure.